GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   are pond fish in the usa different to the uk (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/94283-pond-fish-usa-different-uk.html)

matt 18-05-2005 06:10 PM

are pond fish in the usa different to the uk

I keep a pond in my back garden in the uk and there alot of species that can be kept like: tench rudd chubb koi goldfish orfe minnow bream roach stickleback. but i was wondering what people keep in america. if there is anyone who knows about the american species i would be very interested.

Windsong 19-05-2005 07:13 AM

"matt" wrote in message

I keep a pond in my back garden in the uk and there alot of species that
can be kept like: tench rudd chubb koi goldfish orfe minnow bream roach
stickleback. but i was wondering what people keep in america. if there
is anyone who knows about the american species i would be very
interested.

I keep koi, goldfish and fat head minnows called rosey reds. Some people
I've known with ponds keep catfish, both as pets and to eat. One lady had
sunfish in her pond. Most people I know keep goldfish and koi.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
"Please check people's headers for forgeries