GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Help with Assembly of Rubbermaid 35 Gallon Biofilter (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/94401-help-assembly-rubbermaid-35-gallon-biofilter.html)

Bowhunter 20-05-2005 01:08 PM

Help with Assembly of Rubbermaid 35 Gallon Biofilter

Hello,
I'm currently putting together a biofilter made from a 35 gallon
rubbermaid container. I have a question regarding the inlet, outlet,
and drain valve installation. I cut the holes in the rubbermaid
container so the pvc fit's nicely but I was wondering what to use to
glue them to the container so they will be strong and leak proof? I
know silicone is recomended to seal for leaks but is it strong enough
to hold everything in place if the container is moved around for
cleaning and such? Also...I'm putting in (4) 4" long pieces of pvc
pipe inside the container (one in each corner) to use as shelf supports
to keep the pvc pipe raised 4" off the bottom of the container. What
type of adheasive should I use for this?

Thanks so much :)
Mike

Happy'Cam'per 20-05-2005 01:56 PM

Get some O-Rings or make a rubber Gasket out a sheet of flattened rubber or
something.
--
Kind Regards
Cameron Jmaes

ups.com...

[email protected] 20-05-2005 11:26 PM

Gale Pearce wrote:
[...]

Without bulkhead fitting you will have leaks. Bulkhead fittings can be
made up of parts in the plumbing department. Look around for gaskets or
make the out of left over EPDM rubber liner. This is the first thing I
learned from this news group. Good luck.