Old 24-05-2005, 02:59 PM
Gareeeİ

Default Anyone know of a resource for tiger lilly info?

Googling didn't help much at all.

Stepping outside today, I was amazed at how fragrant these things are! I'm
going to pick up a bunch more, because I just *love* the smell they produce!

--
Gareee's Homepage:
http://www.fortunecity.com/tattooine.../mainframe.htm

Remove Delicious spam to reply

Old 24-05-2005, 03:30 PM
Derek Broughton

Gareeeİ wrote:

Googling didn't help much at all.

Stepping outside today, I was amazed at how fragrant these things are! I'm
going to pick up a bunch more, because I just *love* the smell they
produce!

I got mine from Moore Watergardens (St. Thomas, ON, Canada), who normally
know everything there is to know - but afaik it was never even in their
catalogue, so I suspect they don't know much, either.
--
derek
Old 24-05-2005, 04:26 PM
kathy

We used to grow them outside our
house on the coast of British Columbia
(actually on a salt water inlet).
One time my brother and I decoracted our
dad's birthday cake with them.
When we were lighting the candles a
couple of spiders, who had hitched a ride
on the flowers, decided it would be a good
time to abandon ship!
Dad was a good sport and ate the cake
anyway ;-)

kathy :-)

Old 24-05-2005, 05:20 PM
Gareeeİ

LOL, Kathy!

No luck getting more of them.. they sold out in about an hour yesterday.

Anyone know if you cut the flower off, if they'll regrow one the same year?
(some were damaged by the winds)

They were very rootbound in the pots, so I think they will like thier new
homes. We have daylillies growing wild here as well, and while they look
great, they don;t have the fragrance the tiger lillies do.

Old 24-05-2005, 07:01 PM
Derek Broughton

Gareeeİ wrote:

LOL, Kathy!

No luck getting more of them.. they sold out in about an hour yesterday.

Anyone know if you cut the flower off, if they'll regrow one the same
year? (some were damaged by the winds)

They were very rootbound in the pots, so I think they will like thier new
homes. We have daylillies growing wild here as well, and while they look
great, they don;t have the fragrance the tiger lillies do.

Oh. You're not talking about the same thing at all :-) I thought you meant
a water lily - it is a pond group after all. My "tiger" lily was a
tropical and so-called because it had black-striped leaves.

In S. Ontario, the terrestrial tiger lily (orange - tiger colored) is an
abundant grower in virtually any well-drained soil. In Saskatchewan, they
seem to have a completely different (red) plant they call a tiger lily.
--
derek

Old 24-05-2005, 08:02 PM
Reel McKoi

"Gareeeİ" wrote in message
LOL, Kathy!

No luck getting more of them.. they sold out in about an hour yesterday.

Anyone know if you cut the flower off, if they'll regrow one the same

year?
(some were damaged by the winds)

========================
Some rebloom like Stella D'Ora (sp?) and others only bloom once in the
spring. I have both types. But you never know....
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...

Old 25-05-2005, 03:03 AM
Gareeeİ

"Derek Broughton" wrote in message

In Saskatchewan, they
seem to have a completely different (red) plant they call a tiger lily.

This is the red variety....