GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   STRING ALGAE (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/95023-string-algae.html)

Irv Slater 30-05-2005 01:18 PM

STRING ALGAE

I,ve used algae fix to help eliminate string algae and it worked, exept that
it clogged my filter. I have a skimmer and a pump in the back of it and the
pump stops working.
Any ideas ?????

thank you

kathy 30-05-2005 04:31 PM

The dead string algae has to go somewhere
so I'd skip the treatment and remove the
string algae by hand.
Then work on the underlying problem -
too many nutrients (sun, too much fresh
water, too many fish, overfeeding fish,
debris and rotting plant matter,
fertilized runoff).

kathy :-)
www.blogfromtheblog.com

Reel McKoi 30-05-2005 05:27 PM

"Courageous" wrote in message

Then work on the underlying problem -
too many nutrients (sun, too much fresh
water, too many fish, overfeeding fish,
debris and rotting plant matter,
fertilized runoff).

Or... not enough nutrient removal of course.

C//

=======================
Oddly enough I get this darn string algae in my kiddy pools but not the
ponds themselves. Nothing seems to get rid of it. It flourishes whether I
have 2 fish or 10 fish in the k-pools. :-( And the k-pools are loaded
with plants for filtration.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
Do not feed the trolls.

Courageous 01-06-2005 01:23 AM

On 31 May 2005 00:00:41 -0000, er (judgedred) wrote:

My son Antonio L Santana Jr raped an african american woman, and
brought a new low paid worker into the Camden nj world. im so
proud of black ******* human wanbee i feed him banana like
baboon.

[snip]

Invasion of Privacy.
Libel Per Se.
Criminal Stalking.

This sort of law suit generally results in a slam dunk case
in the $250,000+ range, sometimes more.

The kicker: If the plaintiff brings the case against you, having
proved you've made these claims, you must prove your claims correct
or lose by default.

I suggest you consult an attorney, you may find yourself in the
shocking position of needing one.

C//