Old 30-05-2005, 05:46 PM
nortyler

Default fish and plant sources

Anyone have good mail order sources for plants and fish?

Are there any places or people interested in trading plants and fish?

I am currently stocking a new pond and I am looking for reasonably
priced resources. I got some reeds, lots of anacharis, and water
cabbage from my old pond. I will forage around Louisiana and
Mississippi for what is locally available in wild plants, but would
like some other stuff. Comets at a local place were $6.99 for an
aprox 4" fish. Water lillies $30 to $35.

Anyone use Sringdale Water Gardens?

Old 30-05-2005, 05:56 PM
kathy

A couple pond friends and I have always
liked
http://www.aqua-mart.com/

good luck!
kathy :-)
www.blogfromthebog.com

Old 30-05-2005, 07:13 PM
~Roy~

On 30 May 2005 09:46:41 -0700, "nortyler" wrote:

===Anyone have good mail order sources for plants and fish?
===
===Are there any places or people interested in trading plants and fish?
===
===I am currently stocking a new pond and I am looking for reasonably
===priced resources. I got some reeds, lots of anacharis, and water
===cabbage from my old pond. I will forage around Louisiana and
===Mississippi for what is locally available in wild plants, but would
===like some other stuff. Comets at a local place were $6.99 for an
===aprox 4" fish. Water lillies $30 to $35.
===
===Anyone use Sringdale Water Gardens?

I bought stuff from them one time and was kind of dissapointed in what
I paid for and what I actually received.

What is your zone and what type plants are you looking for. I can send
parrots feather, taro, frog bit, water clover, umbrella palm (dwarf
and reg) miniature bamboo, sensitive fern (Touch me vine) penny wort,
and water celery for price of shipping........as I always am inundated
with these plants.

Get a couple of feeder at 10 to 12 cents each or even the larger 25 to
29 cent comets. They grow relatively fast. I fyou look at some of the
tanks in the petshops (like Petco or Petsmart) there are some good
looking white and red or orange feeders and even some fantails......I
started with feeders and in one years time they are huge

I see your from Miss / Louisiana area, so sensitive fern would do ok
in your area if its the southern portion of those states.

Old 30-05-2005, 09:05 PM
Reel McKoi

"nortyler" wrote in message
oups.com...
Anyone have good mail order sources for plants and fish?

Are there any places or people interested in trading plants and fish?

I am currently stocking a new pond and I am looking for reasonably
priced resources. I got some reeds, lots of anacharis, and water
cabbage from my old pond. I will forage around Louisiana and
Mississippi for what is locally available in wild plants, but would
like some other stuff. Comets at a local place were $6.99 for an
aprox 4" fish. Water lillies $30 to $35.

Anyone use Sringdale Water Gardens?

==============================
I don't ship or trade plants anymore. You can find cheaper goldfish and koi
both at your local PetsMart or Superpet stores. Stay away from pond
specialty stores. Quarantine all fish before adding them to your pond. I
found the best water-lilies at Wal-Mart in the early spring for $4.88 each.
That included a small pot, some fertilizer tabs and stones. Check your
Lowe's and Home Depot store pond sections. Fertilize pond plants with
Jobe's Rose spikes broken into thirds as they're a fraction of the price of
pond-plant-tabs.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
Do not feed the trolls.

Old 30-05-2005, 09:11 PM
Mark and Kim Smith

http://www.vnwg.com/ I've been happy with what I have gotten from them
so far. http://www.bunchobikes.com/pond8.htm

Old 30-05-2005, 09:27 PM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

We are in Clinton, MS. Water hyacinth, water celery, parrots feather,
frog bit, wild lillies and maybe a yellow (if it grew well last year).

Where are you?

Jim

Old 30-05-2005, 10:36 PM
Jim Beasley

Roy-How much shipping would you need to 62896 in Illinois for a care package
? Having a tough time getting anything going this year. Got some Parrots
feather and Hyacinth from a guy on Ebay, but that is all I have a start of
this year. Local guy used to give us Hyacinth by pick up load now gets 4.00
a plant from a landscaper. They charge 8.00 per plant on their jobs !!!
Would really appreciate your kindness and help-jb1

Old 31-05-2005, 01:01 AM
RichToyBox

I have been to Springdale a number of times. They have nice large lily
ponds with all of their hardy lilies growing and when in bloom, absolutely
beautiful. They have been very good to me.
--
RichToyBox

oups.com...

Old 31-05-2005, 12:01 PM
ReelMcKoi

I am all over

I am

moderators of rec.ponds

whio r yu

nortyler wrote:
Anyone have good mail order sources for plants and fish?

Are there any places or people interested in trading plants and fish?

I am currently stocking a new pond and I am looking for reasonably
priced resources. I got some reeds, lots of anacharis, and water
cabbage from my old pond. I will forage around Louisiana and
Mississippi for what is locally available in wild plants, but would
like some other stuff. Comets at a local place were $6.99 for an
aprox 4" fish. Water lillies $30 to $35.

Anyone use Sringdale Water Gardens?

begin:vcard
fn:See our pond at: home.bellsouth.net\p\pwp-jameshurley
n:;See our pond at: home.bellsouth.net\p\pwp-jameshurley
version:2.1
end:vcard

Old 04-06-2005, 05:28 PM
nortyler

Thanks for the replies. Roy, Phyllis and Jim I would be very
interested in some plants. I will probably be able to return the favor
next year if you lose stuff over the winter. I am in zone 8-9 and my
shipping zip is 70118.