GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   pond is filled and stocked! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/95078-pond-filled-stocked.html)

mark Bannister 31-05-2005 02:53 PM

pond is filled and stocked!

I've been mainly mainly lurking for, what a year now...., anyway thanks
everyone for their help.
Pond is filled, pumping and stocked.
Here is a picture of my wife and i toasting the opening.
http://www.injection-moldings.com/EB...nd/toast1s.jpg

Here is what I hope is a very clever VF design. Water pumps from
underneath. I built a frame that holds florescent light grid panels.
To clean it I hope to be able to lift the panel I want and clean under
it. We planted it with wonderful stuff we found in a local creek;
watercress, several rushes, cat tails, parrot feather, and several other
things I have no clue what they are.
Here's a shot of the frame and grid:
http://www.injection-moldings.com/EBPAGE/pond/vf4s.jpg.

Filtration is a bottom drain hidden in a pot and a no-niche skimmer.
Both are gravity drained with 3" pipe (big headache changing to 3")
http://www.injection-moldings.com/EB...%20drainss.jpg

We also bought a lotus and lily and a few other things at the pond store.

Thanks again for all the help. Lots of work left to do! (OK, I must be
hooked. I was at a friends house around their small swimming pool and
all I could thing was what a nice size koi pond this would be.)

Mark Bannister

kathy 31-05-2005 04:34 PM

Wow! Thanks for all the pictures!
Looks wonderful and innovative
and can hardly wait to hear further
reports.
Welcome to the PORG!

kathy :-)
www.blogfromthebog.com

Koi4Me 31-05-2005 07:53 PM

"mark Bannister" wrote in message
I've been mainly mainly lurking for, what a year now...., anyway thanks
everyone for their help.
Pond is filled, pumping and stocked.
Here is a picture of my wife and i toasting the opening.
http://www.injection-moldings.com/EB...nd/toast1s.jpg

====================
Keep us updated (with more pics) as the fish and plants grow. :-)
--
Koi4Me.... the frugal ponder...
Do not feed the trolls.

Koi4Me 01-06-2005 01:36 AM

mark Bannister wrote:
I've been mainly mainly lurking for, what a year now...., anyway thanks
everyone for their help.

Hey, it is alwayd good to help a fellow atheist.

Did you know that all rec.ponder are atheists and and hate JW's

~ janj JJsPond.us 01-06-2005 02:48 AM

Looks wonderful Mark, cheers on the toast. ;) ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~