GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   No Sign of Spring here in Bronx, Ny Zone 6 (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/957-no-sign-spring-here-bronx-ny-zone-6-a.html)

MISSYMAGICGIRL 09-02-2003 04:05 PM

No Sign of Spring here in Bronx, Ny Zone 6

It been snowing and it's been sooo cold.. It ****ing me off cause all the other
winters before I installed the pond was 40 ish out. How much long will the Koi
survive with food??!! THe ground hog said last week 6 more weeks.

Just venting, HEHE

Sacha

Coffee 09-02-2003 06:55 PM

No Sign of Spring here in Bronx, Ny Zone 6

I'm beside ya in PA. 20 out today. I've had my pond for over 14yrs now and
the koi are just as old. They almost fall asleep during this time--won't
need fed at all till after your pond stays above 50 for good. As long as
your pond is deeper than your states frost line(here its 28in) your fish
will just lay at the bottom. Just make sure you have an airway for gas build
up.
Patty