Old 21-06-2005, 10:28 PM
~ janj JJsPond.us

Default New Heron Cha$er

Just got this in an E-mail, the latest in heron scaring:
http://www.pondfiltration.com/heron.html

Think I'll stick with my motion sprinkler. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~
Old 21-06-2005, 10:58 PM
Elaine T

~ janj JJsPond.us wrote:
Just got this in an E-mail, the latest in heron scaring:
http://www.pondfiltration.com/heron.html

Think I'll stick with my motion sprinkler. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

Unreal. I wish I were clever enough to come up with something like that
and sell it for that much money! I suppose it's cheap compared to some
of the papered show koi.

--
Elaine T __
http://eethomp.com/fish.html '__
Old 21-06-2005, 11:07 PM
Angrie.Woman

~ janj JJsPond.us wrote:
Just got this in an E-mail, the latest in heron scaring:
http://www.pondfiltration.com/heron.html

Think I'll stick with my motion sprinkler. ~ jan

If the replacement arm is $18.00 and the motor is $33.00, what is the
other $500 for?

Old 21-06-2005, 11:20 PM
~ Carol ~

"Angrie.Woman" wrote in message
. ..
~ janj JJsPond.us wrote:
Just got this in an E-mail, the latest in heron scaring:
http://www.pondfiltration.com/heron.html

Think I'll stick with my motion sprinkler. ~ jan

If the replacement arm is $18.00 and the motor is $33.00, what is the
other $500 for?

====================
Purely PROFIT since they consider koi and pond owners "rich." And think of
this... it would be worthless against fish eating bullfrogs, king fishers
and snakes. Herons aren't the only thing after our fish.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
Do not feed the trolls.

Old 21-06-2005, 11:22 PM
George

~ janj JJsPond.us wrote:
Just got this in an E-mail, the latest in heron scaring:
http://www.pondfiltration.com/heron.html

Think I'll stick with my motion sprinkler. ~ jan

If the replacement arm is $18.00 and the motor is $33.00, what is the
other $500 for?

To pad the inventor's bank account. Can't have uncomfortable, lumpy
accounts, don't you know!

Old 21-06-2005, 11:24 PM
~ Carol ~

" George" wrote in message

"~ janj JJsPond.us" wrote in message
Just got this in an E-mail, the latest in heron scaring:
http://www.pondfiltration.com/heron.html

Think I'll stick with my motion sprinkler. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

$500!!! No way!

========================
There are people who will pay it! There are people who will pay anything
for some new gizmo....
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
Do not feed the trolls.

Old 21-06-2005, 11:37 PM
San Diego Joe

"~ janj JJsPond.us" wrote:

Just got this in an E-mail, the latest in heron scaring:
http://www.pondfiltration.com/heron.html

Think I'll stick with my motion sprinkler. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

Jeez Jan, I looked at that and thought, "wow, what a cool idea!" Then my
eyes moved over to the price. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Still, seems a person should be able to Mcgyver something like that.
Hmmmm...

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.
Koi, Goldfish, and RES named Colombo.

Old 22-06-2005, 01:08 AM
~ janj JJsPond.us

If the replacement arm is $18.00 and the motor is $33.00, what is the
other $500 for?

So the maker can stop at all the fast food places on their way, laughing to
the bank? ;o) Even if most of us could afford such a thing, it would kind
of beat the plants to death. Whap, whap, whap...... ;-) ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~
Old 22-06-2005, 01:15 AM
kathy

I think the raccoons would hop on and go
for a carnival ride. Weeeeeeeee!

kathy :-) www.blogfromthebog.com
this week ~ introducing Miss Lily,
a painted turtle

Pond 101 page for new pond keepers ~

Old 22-06-2005, 01:17 AM
~ janj JJsPond.us

Jeez Jan, I looked at that and thought, "wow, what a cool idea!" Then my
eyes moved over to the price. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

BEG. April fools in June, huh?

Still, seems a person should be able to Mcgyver something like that.
Hmmmm...
San Diego Joe

I'd think so, I told my hubby I could raise it up and hang windchimes, soxs
& streamers from it, wouldn't my neighbors love that.
Extremely BEG ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~
Old 22-06-2005, 02:09 AM
Mike Patterson

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 14:37:35 -0700, San Diego Joe
wrote:

"~ janj JJsPond.us" wrote:

Just got this in an E-mail, the latest in heron scaring:
http://www.pondfiltration.com/heron.html

Think I'll stick with my motion sprinkler. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

Jeez Jan, I looked at that and thought, "wow, what a cool idea!" Then my
eyes moved over to the price. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Still, seems a person should be able to Mcgyver something like that.
Hmmmm...

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.
Koi, Goldfish, and RES named Colombo.

I'm thinking of the swinging arm being a fiberglass tent pole, the
motor a rotisserrie motor, and the pondside mount/pole made from EMT
conduit.

Considering the light weight of the swingarm, I'd think you could
cobble up a bracket out of about a 3" length of 1" aluminum angle.

Oddly enough, I have all of those in my basement...hmmmm.

Mike

Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.
"I always wanted to be somebody...I should have been more specific..." - Lily Tomlin
Old 22-06-2005, 08:51 AM
Reel McKoi

"Mike Patterson" wrote in message
Considering the light weight of the swingarm, I'd think you could
cobble up a bracket out of about a 3" length of 1" aluminum angle.
Oddly enough, I have all of those in my basement...hmmmm.

=========================
Would something swinging be a danger to small children? As the arm came
around it could clip them... :-(
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
Do not feed the trolls.

Old 22-06-2005, 02:53 PM
Derek Broughton

George wrote:

"~ janj JJsPond.us" wrote in message
Just got this in an E-mail, the latest in heron scaring:
http://www.pondfiltration.com/heron.html

Think I'll stick with my motion sprinkler. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

$500!!! No way!

AND $95 shipping!
--
derek
Old 22-06-2005, 02:57 PM
Derek Broughton

Reel McKoi wrote:

"Mike Patterson" wrote in message
Considering the light weight of the swingarm, I'd think you could
cobble up a bracket out of about a 3" length of 1" aluminum angle.
Oddly enough, I have all of those in my basement...hmmmm.

=========================
Would something swinging be a danger to small children? As the arm came
around it could clip them... :-(

Ponds are a danger to small children... This specifically claims it won't
hurt the heron, so it shouldn't be worse for kids. It looks like there's a
10' arm, and something dangling off the end. If the pointy bit is high
enough to ensure it doesn't poke someone in the eye, and slow enough to not
hurt, it should be OK.

I'm waiting for Mike's experimental results :-)
--
derek

Dont cha wish ur gf was hot like me??? [email protected] Gardening 0 06-07-2006 04:35 AM
Chia Head Planters Cha Cha Cha Chia [email protected] Gardening 0 23-03-2005 08:52 PM
Help for Heron Szpond Ponds 12 19-10-2003 03:02 AM
Heron alert! Don Ponds 8 30-05-2003 09:33 PM
Grey Heron Question NTL News Ponds 8 22-04-2003 08:32 AM