GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Still brown Algae...Help (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/96284-still-brown-algae-help.html)

DD DDD 22-06-2005 05:21 AM

Still brown Algae...Help

My 300 gallon preform has clear water but I have this brown slimey film
on all the sides and all the rocks and plastic plants. Its not green. If
I wipe it with a papertowel it looks just like poop..Yuk It staines the
papertowel brown. Not green or red. I have a uv light and a large
bio.mech filter. The fish are healthy. Any ideas? Thank you

RustyKoi 22-06-2005 06:39 AM

"DD DDD" wrote in message
My 300 gallon preform has clear water but I have this brown slimey film
on all the sides and all the rocks and plastic plants. Its not green. If
I wipe it with a papertowel it looks just like poop..Yuk It staines the
papertowel brown. Not green or red. I have a uv light and a large
bio.mech filter. The fish are healthy. Any ideas? Thank you

=================
The only brown "stuff" I find in my ponds is where it's shaded by plants and
pots. Bacterial slime perhaps? I'm sure it's harmless. Does your pond get
lots of sun?
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
Do not feed the trolls.

~ janj JJsPond.us 22-06-2005 07:33 AM

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 23:21:24 -0500, (DD DDD) wrote:

My 300 gallon preform has clear water but I have this brown slimey film
on all the sides and all the rocks and plastic plants. Its not green. If
I wipe it with a papertowel it looks just like poop..Yuk It staines the
papertowel brown. Not green or red. I have a uv light and a large
bio.mech filter. The fish are healthy. Any ideas? Thank you

List this under "if it ain't broke...." If the water is clear and the fish
healthy, what's the problem? Waste of paper towels, imo. wink ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

DD DDD 23-06-2005 04:19 AM

Well I will just leave it alone. But one thing is , if I move the pump
in the pond thats on a rock there is no brown. So would that meen its
algae? Thats brown? Hmmm... So it seems to only be where sun or light
gets to it. This is so strange.