GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Deformed Water lily leaves (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/96360-deformed-water-lily-leaves.html)

Reel Mckoi 23-06-2005 07:11 PM

Deformed Water lily leaves

About a month ago I put 4 good size water lilies in the larger pond. All
were healthy, well formed and had buds. Two are doing fantastic but the
other two suddenly started to produce deformed leaves. They deform where
the stalk joins the leaf itself causing puckering. It reminds me of what
cloth looks like when you pull a thread and the material puckers. I saw
this only once before and don't recall the plant recovering. Anyone know
what this can be or what causes it? The two plants look awful and will be
removed from the pond.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
Do not feed the trolls.