GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Pump advice re deck water feature (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/96413-pump-advice-re-deck-water-feature.html)

[email protected] 24-06-2005 06:08 PM

Pump advice re deck water feature

I have a pair of heron statues that are piped as fountains. I'd like to
incorporate them in a small water feature for my deck (standing in a
shallow basin ~3' in diameter). One of the statues is 42" tall and the
other is 36". They are piped with 7/16" O.D. tubing for (I assume) 1/2"
input tubing.

Question - can I feed both statues with the same pump, or do I need a
separate pump for each? What capacity pump can I use in each case?

Thanks
Dave

Reel Mckoi 24-06-2005 10:16 PM

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a pair of heron statues that are piped as fountains. I'd like to
incorporate them in a small water feature for my deck (standing in a
shallow basin ~3' in diameter). One of the statues is 42" tall and the
other is 36". They are piped with 7/16" O.D. tubing for (I assume) 1/2"
input tubing.

Question - can I feed both statues with the same pump, or do I need a
separate pump for each? What capacity pump can I use in each case?

You only need one pump, a Y connector and 2 flow adjusters. Try Lowe's or
Home Depot. Pump capacity would depend on how far or high you want them to
"spit." Too little flow and they'll dribble. Too much flow and the water
may shoot beyond their basin.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
Do not feed the trolls.