GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   the first message (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/96519-first-message.html)

sobi966 27-06-2005 07:24 AM

the first message

I'm planning to keep fish. But I'm just a beginner so please tell me
what fish would be better for a beginner,easy to breed.

Greg Cooper 27-06-2005 08:00 AM

Are you planning to keep them in a outside pond.
Most people start with gold fish. They are cheap, more tolerant of
water conditions than Koi and dont grow as big to overwhelm the
environment. Try to do some reading first befor to get too carried
away. It you provide some more information on what you have in mind I
am sure people here can give you more advice.

Charles 27-06-2005 09:51 AM

On 26 Jun 2005 23:24:28 -0700, "sobi966" wrote:

I'm planning to keep fish. But I'm just a beginner so please tell me
what fish would be better for a beginner,easy to breed.

It sort of depends on what you like.

Fathead minnows/rosy reds seem to be unstoppable as far as breeding
goes.

Lots of information he

http://www.fishpondinfo.com/

--
Charles

Does not play well with others.

sobi966 27-06-2005 12:33 PM

Thanks for your advice,Greg Cooper & Charles. I'll try to get more
information by a book or internet.