GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Retro bottom vac drain. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/96770-retro-bottom-vac-drain.html)

W Dale 01-07-2005 09:03 PM

Retro bottom vac drain.

Dang! There just seems to be no really good way to hide a 3" PVC pipe
coming out one's pond! LOL :-) . Any ideas? I guess just surround the
area with lots of plants. Like water celery. Stuff grows really fast!
Almost done putting in the Tetra vacuum bottom drains. T'will be glad
when this little project is completed and I can start running that
Sequence 5800.
Thanks for the tips, JJ
W. Dale

Reel McKoi 01-07-2005 09:22 PM

"W Dale" wrote in message
Dang! There just seems to be no really good way to hide a 3" PVC pipe
coming out one's pond! LOL :-) . Any ideas? I guess just surround the
area with lots of plants. Like water celery. Stuff grows really fast!
Almost done putting in the Tetra vacuum bottom drains. T'will be glad
when this little project is completed and I can start running that
Sequence 5800.
Thanks for the tips, JJ
W. Dale

=======================
Hide it with any of the ivies the nurseries sell. Most nurseries have a
nice selection. You can wrap the ivy around it, over it....
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b

news group 02-07-2005 04:03 AM

Reel McKoi wrote:

"W Dale" wrote in message

Dang! There just seems to be no really good way to hide a 3" PVC pipe
coming out one's pond! LOL :-) . Any ideas? I guess just surround the
area with lots of plants. Like water celery. Stuff grows really fast!
Almost done putting in the Tetra vacuum bottom drains. T'will be glad
when this little project is completed and I can start running that
Sequence 5800.
Thanks for the tips, JJ
W. Dale

=======================
Hide it with any of the ivies the nurseries sell. Most nurseries have a
nice selection. You can wrap the ivy around it, over it....

AHHHH... that is an excellent idea! Thanks! :-) .
I will certainly look into that.
W. Dale

~ janj JJsPond.us 02-07-2005 07:38 AM

Dang! There just seems to be no really good way to hide a 3" PVC pipe
coming out one's pond! LOL :-) . Any ideas? I guess just surround the
area with lots of plants. Like water celery. Stuff grows really fast!
Almost done putting in the Tetra vacuum bottom drains. T'will be glad
when this little project is completed and I can start running that
Sequence 5800.
Thanks for the tips, JJ
W. Dale

Until something grows, silk plants work well. I remember someone on here
doing such. Bonnie in NJ, was that you? Using silk ferns in pots, if I
remember right. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

c-bee1 02-07-2005 04:02 PM

"W Dale" wrote in message
Dang! There just seems to be no really good way to hide a 3" PVC pipe
coming out one's pond! LOL :-) . Any ideas? I guess just surround the
area with lots of plants. Like water celery. Stuff grows really fast!
Almost done putting in the Tetra vacuum bottom drains. T'will be glad
when this little project is completed and I can start running that
Sequence 5800.
Thanks for the tips, JJ
W. Dale

If you're wanting a crafts project, paint it brown and glue bark to it...?