GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   koi fry (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/96786-koi-fry.html)

gunnar 01-07-2005 11:20 PM

koi fry

had first spawn last week no have 100s of fry i loaded egg covered plants in
to veg filter and it is full of fry . how do i take care of them?

Reel Mckoi 02-07-2005 02:47 AM

"gunnar" wrote in message
had first spawn last week no have 100s of fry i loaded egg covered plants

in
to veg filter and it is full of fry . how do i take care of them?

=====================================
I hope your veg filter is at least 100 to 200 gallons with almost no
current. I feed mine "green water" or raise them in green water, then feed
hard boiled egg yolk mixed with finely crushed flakes or fry powder. I add
water and use an eye dropper to drop it all around the area they're hanging
out. Wait until they're free swimming. Do small water changes several
times a week.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b

~ janj JJsPond.us 02-07-2005 07:27 AM

On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 18:20:07 -0400, "gunnar" wrote:

had first spawn last week no have 100s of fry i loaded egg covered plants in
to veg filter and it is full of fry . how do i take care of them?

Let nature take care of them. Let her cull or you get the nasty job. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~