Old 01-07-2005, 11:20 PM
gunnar

Default koi fry

had first spawn last week no have 100s of fry i loaded egg covered plants in
to veg filter and it is full of fry . how do i take care of them?

Old 02-07-2005, 02:47 AM
Reel Mckoi

"gunnar" wrote in message
had first spawn last week no have 100s of fry i loaded egg covered plants

in
to veg filter and it is full of fry . how do i take care of them?

=====================================
I hope your veg filter is at least 100 to 200 gallons with almost no
current. I feed mine "green water" or raise them in green water, then feed
hard boiled egg yolk mixed with finely crushed flakes or fry powder. I add
water and use an eye dropper to drop it all around the area they're hanging
out. Wait until they're free swimming. Do small water changes several
times a week.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b

Old 02-07-2005, 07:27 AM
~ janj JJsPond.us

On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 18:20:07 -0400, "gunnar" wrote:

had first spawn last week no have 100s of fry i loaded egg covered plants in
to veg filter and it is full of fry . how do i take care of them?

Let nature take care of them. Let her cull or you get the nasty job. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

Koi fry Phyllis and Jim Hurley Ponds 1 17-07-2005 04:09 AM
The koi & GF fry Reel McKoi Ponds 0 29-05-2005 06:14 AM
Koi fry update Reel McKoi Ponds 0 14-05-2005 02:21 AM
The Koi Fry :-))) Reel McKoi Ponds 0 30-04-2005 09:37 PM
Zillions of koi fry Reel McKoi Ponds 5 24-04-2005 01:51 AM