GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   pond filters - a newbie question (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/96891-pond-filters-newbie-question.html)

fire fly 04-07-2005 01:15 PM

pond filters - a newbie question

I have a Genie max filter and a lotus pump. I have installed this in our
very green pond. After a week it was making good progress in reducing the
algea. But now it seems to be coming back - I got no instructions with the
filter. (other than don't switch on the UV for 4 weeks) Do they need
cleaning, the filter material replacing at intervals or what?

Nick

Reel Mckoi 04-07-2005 02:28 PM

"fire fly" wrote in message
I have a Genie max filter and a lotus pump. I have installed this in our
very green pond. After a week it was making good progress in reducing the
algea. But now it seems to be coming back - I got no instructions with the
filter. (other than don't switch on the UV for 4 weeks) Do they need
cleaning, the filter material replacing at intervals or what?

I don't have that brand of pump and filter but do know all filters need
cleaning. Whether the filter material needs replacing or not depends on the
material itself. The type I use is washable and reusable. Why not call the
place you bought it from for information - or check their website. I don't
know why they say not to use the UV for 4 weeks?!?!?!

I would clean the filter and turn the UV light on.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b