GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Bullfrogs (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/97018-bullfrogs.html)

ldbk 06-07-2005 08:22 PM

Bullfrogs

I visit the California foothills quite often and the other day I
noticed a HUGE bullfrog in a pond near our house. This thing was the
monster of all bullfrogs. The body was approximately 8-9" long! Has
anyone seen such a large bullfrog?

Reel Mckoi 06-07-2005 09:13 PM

"ldbk" wrote in message
oups.com...
I visit the California foothills quite often and the other day I
noticed a HUGE bullfrog in a pond near our house. This thing was the
monster of all bullfrogs. The body was approximately 8-9" long! Has
anyone seen such a large bullfrog?

==============================
Close but no cigar. We found one on the bottom of our 800 gallon pond that
had to be a good 6" from lips to tail nub. It was huge.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b

2pods 06-07-2005 10:15 PM

What about the legendary PORG Bullfrog ?
Isn't that even bigger ?
;-)

Peter

"Bonnie NJ" wrote in message
ink.net...
That is a common size around here ;-)

--
Bonnie
NJ
oups.com...

Courageous 07-07-2005 01:27 AM

I visit the California foothills quite often and the other day I
noticed a HUGE bullfrog in a pond near our house. This thing was the
monster of all bullfrogs. The body was approximately 8-9" long! Has
anyone seen such a large bullfrog?

One of these perhaps?

http://www.californiaherps.com/frogs...tesbeiana.html

C//

Reel Mckoi 07-07-2005 02:50 AM

"Courageous" wrote in message

I visit the California foothills quite often and the other day I
noticed a HUGE bullfrog in a pond near our house. This thing was the
monster of all bullfrogs. The body was approximately 8-9" long! Has
anyone seen such a large bullfrog?

One of these perhaps?

http://www.californiaherps.com/frogs...tesbeiana.html

C//

=====================
The pic of that tadpole blew me away. It's a MONSTER =:-O

kathy 07-07-2005 02:51 AM

The PORG bullfrog is the size of a
German Shepherd. :-))))

I saw a salad plate sized bullfrog when
I was a wee child in the Blue Mountains
of WA state.

Her Royal Highness The Lady Bullfrog
is about five inches from nose to nether
region.

kathy :-)
www.blogfromthebog.com
this week ~ kingfisher

Pond 101 page for new pond keepers ~

Derek Broughton 07-07-2005 01:25 PM

2pods wrote:

What about the legendary PORG Bullfrog ?
Isn't that even bigger ?
;-)

It's the size of a German Shepherd...
--