Old 12-07-2005, 03:46 AM
Courageous

===Remarks like this reveal far more about the person making them
===than they do about the person being so treated.

Hey courageous......the offer still stands, your welcome to bite my
ass any time your up to it. Its little twerps like you that like to
broaden the so called problems..now come bite my back side and shut
up.

Redoubling your efforts will only double the above results.

C//

Old 12-07-2005, 06:51 AM
George

"San Diego Joe" wrote in message
"George" wrote:

snip

if added with a vigorous spray from
a nozzle, is about all you need do. When I top off the water, I always
use
city water, and only use a squirt of decholorinator. Never lost a fish
or
plant yet because of it.

I've heard this spray mentioned before. Can you enlighten me? How does
this
get rid of chlorine?

Thanks,

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.
Koi, Goldfish, and RES named Colombo.

Chlorine has a low vapor pressure, and since there is very little natural
chlorine in the atmosphere, it will outgas from water rather easily when
the water is agitated. As proof of this, if you have city water with
chlorine, and you turn your faucet on, you should get a little whiff of
chlorine as the water flows out of the faucet. So if you use a good nozzle
on your garden hose, and pinch it down some, you should get a moderately
dispersed spray and then spray the water at the surface of your pond. The
vigorous bubbling will cause the chlorine to outgas. In addition, some will
be neutralized by unfixed dechlor already in your water It is fairly
persistent), and the rest will be diluted and eventually evaporate since
you are adding a small amount of water to a relatively large pond. Having
said all of this, you should be aware of whether or not your water company
uses chloramine, which is quite a different animal, as it is more
persistent in water, and can be very toxic to aquatic life. Fortunately,
most water companies today are required to neutralize the chlorimine to low
levels before it goes out to their customers. If you have chloramine in
your water, it is recommended to use a dechlor agent that specifically
removes chloramine. Having said that, unless the concentration is
unusually high, you shouldn't have any problems with adding this small
amount to your pond. If in doubt, add some dechlor, but don't overdo it,
because that is just wasting the product. I have chloramine in my tap
water. If I do a 10% water change, I just agitate the water. If I do a
20% change, I agitate the water and add some dechlor, but not a lot. Good
luck.

Old 12-07-2005, 12:31 PM
Mickey

Fish are still alive and pigs so I am happy.

"Mickey" wrote in message
I have a 3000 gallon pond that I normally top off using my well water. The
house is on city water, the well pump quit after 17 years and it is getting
replaced. I need to top off the pond with about 200 gallons of water.
Anyone else here ever buy a applicator for fertilizer that goes on the end
of hose , mix the appropriate amount of water and dechlorinater in the jug
and top off there pond? I am doing it as I write this, I actually put twice
the required amount of dechlorinator in the jug and put enough for 2500
gallons at the intake of the pump to spread it around. How do other people
deal with this when you use city water?

Old 12-07-2005, 07:56 PM
Lt. Kizhe Catson

Mickey wrote:
I have a 3000 gallon pond that I normally top off using my well water. The
house is on city water, the well pump quit after 17 years and it is getting
replaced. I need to top off the pond with about 200 gallons of water. Anyone
else here ever buy a applicator for fertilizer that goes on the end of hose
, mix the appropriate amount of water and dechlorinater in the jug and top
off there pond? I am doing it as I write this, I actually put twice the
required amount of dechlorinator in the jug and put enough for 2500 gallons
at the intake of the pump to spread it around. How do other people deal with
this when you use city water?

My 2c worth a bit late, but:

I've never worried about pre-mixing the dechlor with the top-up water.
I just drop the hose over-hanging the pond a bit and let 'er rip. The
dechlor I either pour in where the hose stream enters the water, or dump
it in the waterfall (the idea being to get the dechlor distributed into
the pond).

Of course, I'm rarely adding more than 10%, so it's not all that
critical anyway.

-- Kizhe

Old 12-07-2005, 10:33 PM
Roy

I can go on for ever dumbass Keep replying and so will I.........I
have nothing but timne on my hands for the most part...now you gonna
bite my ass or kill file me.........not that it really matters to
me..........

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 19:46:47 -0700, Courageous
wrote:

===
======Remarks like this reveal far more about the person making them
======than they do about the person being so treated.
===
===Hey courageous......the offer still stands, your welcome to bite my
===ass any time your up to it. Its little twerps like you that like to
===broaden the so called problems..now come bite my back side and shut
===up.
===
===Redoubling your efforts will only double the above results.
===
===C//

"The original frugal ponder"
Old 13-07-2005, 03:06 AM
Courageous

I can go on for ever dumbass Keep replying and so will I.........I
have nothing but timne on my hands for the most part...now you gonna
bite my ass or kill file me.........not that it really matters to

I can believe all this.

C//