GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Big Water Lettuce Thanks! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/97430-big-water-lettuce-thanks.html)

Gareee© 15-07-2005 12:07 AM

Big Water Lettuce Thanks!

The box just arrived, with an ample supply of water lettuce to help get rid
of my ever so green pond.

BIG thanks!

--
Gareee's Homepage:
http://www.fortunecity.com/tattooine.../mainframe.htm

Remove Delicious spam to reply

Reel Mckoi 15-07-2005 12:31 AM

"Gareee©" wrote in message
The box just arrived, with an ample supply of water lettuce to help get

rid
of my ever so green pond.

BIG thanks!

==================
Make sure you feed them at least 1 heaping Tbs. of Potash per 1000 gallons
of pondwater to stimulate their growth (and the use of nitrogen and
phosphorus).
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b

*muffin* 15-07-2005 11:57 AM

hope you are happy!

now if somone can tell me , why the other box I sent out, the lettuce
arrived in shreds & looked beaten up!
any suggestions on how to pack this stuff? I wrapped it in wet newspaper &
put in plastic bag.

muffin now gunshy of sending out this stuff.......
: (

Reel Mckoi 15-07-2005 04:09 PM

"*muffin*" wrote in message
hope you are happy!

now if somone can tell me , why the other box I sent out, the lettuce
arrived in shreds & looked beaten up!
any suggestions on how to pack this stuff? I wrapped it in wet newspaper &
put in plastic bag.

muffin now gunshy of sending out this stuff.......
: (

Send it in boxed in plastic bags full of air and only a little water. The
"air" protects them.