Old 16-07-2005, 03:54 PM
Cheryl and Rob

Default Pump Capacity

I have a 300 gallon liner and a Beckett Pump with a capacity of 190 GPH with
a 2 ft discharge height; which is what I have.

Should I go with a bigger pump??

Old 16-07-2005, 04:20 PM
Cheryl and Rob

Actually I'm just gonna go with a 300GPH pump anyway since I plan on having
some fish and they need the bigger pump more than I do!!

Old 16-07-2005, 04:21 PM
Courageous

I have a 300 gallon liner and a Beckett Pump with a capacity of 190 GPH with
a 2 ft discharge height; which is what I have.
Should I go with a bigger pump??

For smaller ponds, it's recommended to turn the volume once an hour or more.

That said, you might be able to get away with that pump. You could always
try it for a while. I'd say if it can be returned, return it, otherwise
give it a spin.

C//

Old 16-07-2005, 06:17 PM
~ janj JJsPond.us

"Cheryl and Rob" wrote in message
I have a 300 gallon liner and a Beckett Pump with a capacity of 190 GPH
with a 2 ft discharge height; which is what I have.
Should I go with a bigger pump??

"Cheryl and Rob" answered herself:

Actually I'm just gonna go with a 300GPH pump anyway since I plan on having
some fish and they need the bigger pump more than I do!!

Don't ya just hate it when you're talking to yourself in here? Happens to
others in here all too often, but they at least change their nyms. ;o)

All kidding aside, yes, I'd go with the bigger pump if you're going to have
fish. I think you'll like the affect of more volume. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a