Old 17-07-2005, 09:27 PM
Reel Mckoi

Default Monster Goldfish and Koi cannibals! :-(((

We noticed the number of fry dropping in two of the 7 pools behind the
house. About 2/3 of the water is filled with a mix of floating and potted
plants. We never saw these MONSTERS! :-( These strange jumbo fry are at
least 3 to 4" long, oddly shaped and had to be eating the other fry. They
didn't come out for fish food when I fed them. There were no frogs, newts,
turtles or small snakes in these pools. Nets keep birds and larger frogs
out. These monster fry are UGLY!!!! One was a koi and the other were
goldfish. They're stumpy bodied and look a little hunch-backed. Has anyone
else ever had such "monsters" in their ponds or breeding pools/tanks?

I have to empty them all now and remove any other freaks lurking in the
plants waiting to turn cannibal.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b