Old 22-07-2005, 02:09 PM
V.V.

Default Ordering a stock tank??!!

Hello all-
Another question. I tried to order a stock tank from Tractor Supply. I
talked to a woman who said she'd order it and to check back in two weeks. I
just checked and I'm not confident that she even knew who I was or ordered
it since she just asked me to call back. Okay, bottom line...where else can
we order these tanks and could they just be delivered to our homes? Here
are the specs of what I'd like:

METAL STOCK TANK
Heavy galvanized corrugated sidewalls and extra heavy 20 gauge galvanized
tank bottoms. Built to stand up under the most severe conditions.
DEPTH SIZE/STYLE CAPACITY
2' 6 Round 395 Gals.

I'm willing to get a plastic one also but not sure where to look . Any
suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Vince

Old 22-07-2005, 02:34 PM
Reel Mckoi

"V.V." wrote in message
Hello all-
Another question. I tried to order a stock tank from Tractor Supply. I
talked to a woman who said she'd order it and to check back in two weeks.

just checked and I'm not confident that she even knew who I was or ordered
it since she just asked me to call back. Okay, bottom line...where else

can
we order these tanks and could they just be delivered to our homes? Here
are the specs of what I'd like:

METAL STOCK TANK
Heavy galvanized corrugated sidewalls and extra heavy 20 gauge galvanized
tank bottoms. Built to stand up under the most severe conditions.
DEPTH SIZE/STYLE CAPACITY
2' 6 Round 395 Gals.

I'm willing to get a plastic one also but not sure where to look . Any
suggestions would be appreciated.

========================
The TS stores where I live usually have stock tanks in stock. You don't
have to order them. You can also try your local Co-op store and any of the
other farm supply type of stores.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b

Old 22-07-2005, 02:56 PM
Roy

Well not jerk, he does not live in your area does he, and evidently
your not giving him credit that his store does not have what he was
looking for....get a life Carol and get lost with your assinine
impulsive replies..............Sure are desperate for online
conversation, aren't we?

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 08:34:18 -0500, "Reel Mckoi"
wrote:

===
===========================
===The TS stores where I live usually have stock tanks in stock. You don't
===have to order them. You can also try your local Co-op store and any of the
===other farm supply type of stores.

"The original frugal ponder"
Old 22-07-2005, 02:57 PM
Wilmdale

V.V. wrote:

Hello all-
Another question. I tried to order a stock tank from Tractor Supply. I
talked to a woman who said she'd order it and to check back in two weeks. I
just checked and I'm not confident that she even knew who I was or ordered
it since she just asked me to call back. Okay, bottom line...where else can
we order these tanks and could they just be delivered to our homes? Here
are the specs of what I'd like:

METAL STOCK TANK
Heavy galvanized corrugated sidewalls and extra heavy 20 gauge galvanized
tank bottoms. Built to stand up under the most severe conditions.
DEPTH SIZE/STYLE CAPACITY
2' 6 Round 395 Gals.

I'm willing to get a plastic one also but not sure where to look . Any
suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Vince

Do a Google for 'stock tanks' or Rubbermaid Stock Tank. You will find
lots of places the offer up to 300 gallon tanks and will ship them to
your home.
For example: http://www.stockyardsupply.com/page11/index2.html
Hope this helps,
W. Dale

Old 22-07-2005, 02:59 PM
V.V.

Thanks, I may just drive up there. When I talked to her, they only had
small ones, not the 375 gal. But you are right, I should just go there and
check it out. Who knows-considering the way she was on the phone.

Old 22-07-2005, 03:01 PM
V.V.

W.Dale!
@#$%#$%EW!!!! LOL! How did you do that. I have been trying for days on
google but am having trouble. Not sure what I am doing wrong. I really
appreciate that.

Vince

Old 22-07-2005, 03:04 PM
Roy

There are many sources of ordering such tanks online, but the killer
is shipping, as its large, light and takes up space and charges are
usually higher......normally these type tanks are nested or packed
with other tanks of various sizes to reduce shipping costs overall and
also help prevent shipping damages. If your local TSC can not get you
one or do not stock what you need, try most any ag supply, or Farmers
Co-Op. A excellent sourece on line, with a database of dealers that
you may find in your area is Behlen......they are a large supplier of
these type products and have a large distribution/ dealer coverage....

http://www.behlencountry.com/asp/cat...ater%20Tan ks

Are you intending on using this tank as a QT tank, bury it or what? I
may be better to go with a poly tank, as a lot of the medis if your
ever needing to use meds if for fish are not compatable with a metal
tank, and then you always have a potential for rust where it may get
scratched etc, but without knowing what your intended purpose is, it
would all be speculation......

Old 22-07-2005, 03:05 PM
Reel Mckoi

"V.V." wrote in message
Thanks, I may just drive up there. When I talked to her, they only had
small ones, not the 375 gal. But you are right, I should just go there

and
check it out. Who knows-considering the way she was on the phone.

=============================
Many times the clerks who answer the phone are clueless as to what they
actually have in stock. In TN the Co-ops are much better stocked than many
of the other farm supply type stores. Prices are about the same.

Old 22-07-2005, 03:27 PM
V.V.

Thanks Roy. I will be putting on my concrete pool deck. I plan to
surround it with pavers to give it somewhat of a fountain look. I was
thinking of lining it with pond liner as well. If the poly ones are less
expensive, I will go with that. I found a place that carries Behlen, I will
call them...thank you for your help!

Old 22-07-2005, 08:27 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

www.aquaticeco.com also carries large ridged containers for what you're
looking for. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

Old 22-07-2005, 09:29 PM
Gail Futoran

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
www.aquaticeco.com also carries large ridged containers for what you're
looking for. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

Neat site! I wish their pools came in lap
pool configuration, though.

Gail

Old 31-07-2005, 03:20 PM
V.V.

Thanks again to everyone for your input. I have ordered the Behlen tank
from a wonderful local distributor.

My next question is pump/filter related. The above ground pond/fountain
will be 389 gallons (6 foot round).

I want to get a filter and pump that will be easiest to maintain, best size
for my fountain and affordable. I've seen some out there for 250.00 I'd
like to possibly stay at or below that. I have to say that I am so new to
this (do have an aquariam so experienced with fish and filtration though) so
when addressing my question, I ask that you us "simple" terms ) I'm open
to making my own as well but again, don't know about back flushing etc.

I've tried to find sights or books but have not been able to find ones that
are helpful. You-all have proven to be the best help!

Thanks again to everyone for your help!

Vince in Naples Florida

Old 31-07-2005, 11:42 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 10:20:44 -0400, "V.V." wrote:

Thanks again to everyone for your input. I have ordered the Behlen tank
from a wonderful local distributor.

My next question is pump/filter related. The above ground pond/fountain
will be 389 gallons (6 foot round).

I want to get a filter and pump that will be easiest to maintain, best size
for my fountain and affordable. I've seen some out there for 250.00 I'd
like to possibly stay at or below that. I have to say that I am so new to
this (do have an aquariam so experienced with fish and filtration though) so
when addressing my question, I ask that you us "simple" terms ) I'm open
to making my own as well but again, don't know about back flushing etc.

I've tried to find sights or books but have not been able to find ones that
are helpful. You-all have proven to be the best help!

Thanks again to everyone for your help!

Vince in Naples Florida

I give a detailed description of my filter on my website under *My Filter*
and *D.pond Filter* for the parts. I'm sure you could make a smaller
version using smaller and/or fewer containers. ~ jan www.jjspond.us

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~
Old 22-08-2005, 06:31 PM
Gareee©

How much was that tank, out of curiosity?

--
Gareee©
(Gary Tabar Jr.)

Old 22-08-2005, 09:19 PM
V.V.

176.00 for a 6ft 395 gallon.

"Gareee©" wrote in message
How much was that tank, out of curiosity?

--
Gareee©
(Gary Tabar Jr.)
Gareee's Homepage:
http://www.fortunecity.com/tattooine.../mainframe.htm

Ordering a stock tank??!! Gareee© Ponds (alternative) 4 23-08-2005 02:45 PM
Ordering a Stock Tank!?!? V.V. Ponds (alternative) 0 22-07-2005 02:08 PM
stock tank Jan Ponds 3 20-04-2003 11:22 PM
4" Bulkhead into 150 gallon stock tank? Oingofan Ponds 8 31-01-2003 06:51 PM
4" Bulkhead into 150 gallon stock tank? Tom La Bron Ponds 1 29-01-2003 04:22 PM