Old 08-03-2003, 08:24 PM
Robert Cossell

Default pond pumps

anyone know of a pump with a 5 year warranty?
i've bought a new pump every year for the last three from Lowes.

Old 08-03-2003, 09:36 PM
~ jan

On Sat, 08 Mar 2003 20:17:58 GMT, "Robert Cossell"
wrote:

anyone know of a pump with a 5 year warranty?
i've bought a new pump every year for the last three from Lowes.

You might want to consider pump placement. Submersible pumps last longest
when they are pumping clean water. Thus having a filter out of the pond
with the pump in the last chamber receiving the clear water and pumping it
back to the pond. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter designs:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website
Old 19-03-2003, 11:56 AM
RUKind

Hey Now!
wrote:

anyone know of a pump with a 5 year warranty?
i've bought a new pump every year for the last three from Lowes.

I read somewhere in this group that "Supreme magnet" pumps were good.
Went to a few websites...

DANNER SUPREME MAG-DRIVE PUMPS
http://www.webbsonline.com/catalog/p...erture#supreme

Supreme Pumps Pondmaster
http://www.pondsmall.com/Supreme%20Pumps.htm

They all have different brands?

What are some good ones?

The pond is 390 gallons with a biological filter and three medium size
fountain spouts.

Thank you,

http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Venue/8281/
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange
Maybe on some high cold mountain chain
Hunter/Garcia
Old 19-03-2003, 08:08 PM
RichToyBox

The Pondmaster and the Supreme are both made by Danner. They are one and
the same. Go to http://www.dannermfg.com/pondmaster/index.htm for the
complete specifications on flow rate versus head. The major difference in
some versus the other with the same flow, is the cord length. Because of
your fountains, and the biofilter, I would look at the 350 gallon per hour
at 1 foot of head, primarily because it and the larger pumps have much
higher head pressure for the fountains than the smaller pumps. You will
need to look at these for you own requirements.
--
RichToyBox

Hey Now!

Old 22-03-2003, 05:44 AM
Schaller MACAW

I always take my pump back to Home Depot BEFORE warranty expires! They
will exchange it free,no questions asked!
BILL

Is anyone using one of these external pond pumps? Dude Ponds (alternative) 0 06-07-2005 01:33 AM
external pond pumps keith Alexander United Kingdom 1 28-08-2004 05:09 AM
tetra pond pumps BErney1014 Ponds 2 28-08-2003 07:02 PM
pond pumps geoff Ponds 7 05-08-2003 04:20 AM
Via Aqua pond pumps camper Ponds (alternative) 0 13-02-2003 12:55 AM