GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Some rosy questions (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/roses/101237-some-rosy-questions.html)

Zemmy!! 11-08-2005 12:28 AM

Some rosy questions

I have a Zepherine Drouhin rose that I planted last May. I have been slowly
trying to train it up a trellis some that it may cover the wall. I live in
Zone 5 and have seen it suggested that I should wrap it in vurlap for the
winter. How do you do that when they start it get BIG? I have had too many
blooms this year could it be something I should be concerned about? Also
would trimming the smaller branches be something I can do all year or just
in the spring?

Thanks for the help
Zemmy!!