GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Listerine for fungicide? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/roses/10191-re-listerine-fungicide.html)

JimS. 12-03-2003 08:21 AM

Listerine for fungicide?

"Radika Kesavan" wrote in message
JimS. wrote:

Radika,

Would the alcohol harm the vegetation? Seems like it might burn the

leaves.
But what do I know? I'm no chemist....

Very good question, Jim. I do not know the answer.
One ought to try it on a small part of the rose to be sure, of course.
My guess is that 25% alcohol will no more hurt the plant tissue
(especially with its cellulose cell wall that is less permeable than our
cells with only glycogen membrane) than it hurts our tissues. But what
do I know! I am not a plant biochemist, no sir.

Hmmm.....seems like one of my LEAST favorite roses might just get
volunteered into service on this one.... Guinea Pig, anyone?

JimS.