Old 13-03-2003, 07:08 PM
Bob Bauer

Default High End Digital Cameras Info For The Rose Photo Inclined

Shepherd said:

Absolutely beautiful photographs.

Thanks, Shepherd.

Just out of curiosity, is the camera you use digital? If so would you mind
telling us which one.

All of the shots on my site are shot with Kodak E100S film and a Nikon
F100 camera. Kodak is replacing the E100S film with a finer grained
film this year: E100G.

As for digital cameras. I will be buying one this year, but haven't
decided which one yet. The candidates are the Kodak 14N (14
megapixels) $5000, the Canon 1DS (10.2 megapixels) $8000, the Nikon
D1X (10.4 megapixels) $5500.

At the next level down (and where I will probably buy). Are the Fuji
S2 (6.2 megapixels) $2300, the Nikon D100 (6.3 megapixels) $2000, The
Canon D10s (6.2 megapixels and not out quite yet) $1600, the Sigma
(Foveon chip 6.2 megapixels) $2000 or the new Olympus SLR digital
camera which won't be announced till June.

At the 'Pro-Sumer' level of cameras (top of the line amateur cameras)
one camera stands out head and shoulders above the rest. The Nikon
Coolpix 5700 (5 megapixels) $1200.

That is the digital camera scene at the top end of the spectrum if
anybody has lots of money..... grin

Bob Bauer
Zone 6 in Salt Lake City ( Home of Emmanuel, the prophet/kidnapper)
http://www.rose-roses.com/

Old 14-03-2003, 04:44 AM
Shepherd

"Bob Bauer" wrote in message
Shepherd said:

[...]

Thanks for the answer. I spent many years using my SLRs, both 35mm and 2 1/4
taking thousands of pictures of people, places and things, but have never
been able to take pictures of flowers any where near as clear and colorful
as the ones on your web site.

Bought a Sony DSC F-707 a while back and am amazed at the quality of
photographs it produces. It is supposed to be an excellent camera for
macros, and I hope to have a yard full of flowers to use as subjects this
summer.

Thanks again, for the answer and for the beautiful pictures and information
about roses on your web site..

Shepherd

Old 15-03-2003, 04:32 AM
Rosa Rosam

I'm using a Sony for the macro, and it's just excellent. I have some
pictures of spiders where you can clearly see the eyes for example.
You may find sometimes that the colors are a bit strange, for exemple when
you have a bright red rose on a light green background. The white balance is
not always easy.
I'm using a Nikon D100 too, and it's just fantastic.

Jocelen
www.rosarosam.com