Old 16-03-2003, 05:20 PM
Jane

Default Should I put them in?

Hi People,
Should I put these Pease roses in this week? It's zone 6b Maryland and I'll
be concerned about the wet soil from the snow melting here. Also a little
worried we could get another cold snap. Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks'
Jane

Old 16-03-2003, 06:08 PM
dave weil

On Sun, 16 Mar 2003 17:10:54 GMT, "Jane"
wrote:

Hi People,
Should I put these Pease roses in this week? It's zone 6b Maryland and I'll
be concerned about the wet soil from the snow melting here.

This will actually work in your favor, as you need to keep the new
plantings moist anyway. Your only concern would be overly-compacted
soil, so you might want to amend with a bit of peat moss.

Also a little
worried we could get another cold snap. Anyone have any suggestions?

My suggestion? Don't worry - be happy. g A brief cold snap won't
hurt. Keep in mind that nature has provided secondary buds to replace
those buds that bite the dust during late cold snaps.
This is actually the perfect time to plant because it gives the plant
time to settle in before it gets warmer.

Thanks'
Jane