GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Discoloured Canes (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/roses/1065-discoloured-canes.html)

Heather Cross 11-02-2003 12:25 AM

Discoloured Canes

Hi I'm new here and have to admit not much of a gardener so I need some
advice.
I recently moved into a new unit which has some lovely roses in two small
garden beds at the front.
2 of the 3 bushes in one of the beds have gradually succumbed to something
which made the canes turn from a healthy green to a bronze colour starting
at ground level and creeping upwards. It seems to start on just one cane
and then spreads to the rest.
The third rose in that bed is a beautiful climber and I don't want to lose
that too. I don't want to replace the others yet if the problem is
something attacking the roots or something in the soil.
Any ideas? I live in Western Australia just in case that may have a bearing
on the answer.
Heather

--
Life is short - drink good wine