GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   rose BUSHES (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/roses/107664-rose-bushes.html)

[email protected] 03-10-2005 05:24 PM

rose BUSHES

This rose bush im growing has taken over my garden, anyone else had
this problem

[email protected] 03-10-2005 05:27 PM

use flower to take it back it neutralizes the soil and it will bring
the control back you need

Gail Futoran 03-10-2005 06:42 PM

wrote in message
ups.com...
This rose bush im growing has taken over my garden, anyone else had
this problem

More details would be nice, like:
-where you are
-what kind of rose bush
-if you don't know the variety, can you describe it
-in what way is it "taking over" - i.e., a lot of
very long canes or shrublets growing up among
other plants or some other problem.

Some climbers and some old garden roses (OGR)
grow very large canes, and some OGRs propogate
kind of like Bermuda grass. Knowing the specific
nature of your problem would help to advise you.

Gail
near San Antonio TX USA Zone 8

Gail Futoran 03-10-2005 06:42 PM

wrote in message
oups.com...
use flower to take it back it neutralizes the soil and it will bring
the control back you need

I've read this 8 times and I have no idea what
you're talking about! I can't imagine the OP
can make any sense of it, either. Care to expand?

Gail
near San Antonio TX Zone 8

[email protected] 04-10-2005 12:43 AM

I don't care for explaining stuff to u stupid gardeners look it up on
google.

Tim Tompkins 05-10-2005 01:00 AM

Gail is on the topic!

Many OGR's are 'on their own roots' and can be very agressive. That is they
'sucker'; the root system sends up new vegetative growth, thus the rose
spreads.

A few that I have experience with, Persian Yellow,
Austrian Copper, Harrisons Yellow, Alika.

For some varities it is desirable that they be grafted to limit their 'take
over'.

Tim
"Gail Futoran" wrote in message
ups.com...

Threeducks 09-10-2005 09:41 PM

wrote:
I don't care for explaining stuff to u stupid gardeners look it up on
google.

Are you sure you haven't been snorting the "flour"?