Old 02-01-2006, 08:00 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses
Jamies_Roses

Default Hi Guys!!

I am new to here, and so excited to meet you all!! I have been growing
roses for about 5 years - more seriously now that I have bought my
first house and have plenty of room to grow more roses than ever
before! I currently have about 30 roses, and am putting many, many
more in as I renovate the landscape here at my house { I LOVE!! saying
"My House" :-) } I look forward to learning, and sharing roses with
you, and making a new gardening buddy or two as well.....:-)!!!

Happy New Year!!
Jamie

Old 03-01-2006, 03:17 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses
Gail Futoran

"Jamies_Roses" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am new to here, and so excited to meet you all!! I have been growing
roses for about 5 years - more seriously now that I have bought my
first house and have plenty of room to grow more roses than ever
before! I currently have about 30 roses, and am putting many, many
more in as I renovate the landscape here at my house { I LOVE!! saying
"My House" :-) } I look forward to learning, and sharing roses with
you, and making a new gardening buddy or two as well.....:-)!!!

Happy New Year!!
Jamie

Hi Jamie and welcome.

Where are you located? What kinds of roses do you have?

I started with modern roses but quickly added old
garden or antique roses and now have about a
70-30 mix of the two.

Gail
near San Antonio TX Zone 8

Old 06-03-2006, 10:53 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses
Anne Lurie

Just a note, everyone -- try to be careful when you quote a post in your
reply (especially as to who said what) and set your newsreader so that it
"marks" the quoted text.

If you look closely at the post below, you will see that it can be hard to
tell who said what to whom -- and all it takes is a teeny difference of
opinion to start a flame war!

As for top vs. bottom posting, there are varying schools of thought about
that, but I almost always top post. That way, it is clear what I am saying,
even though it can be an art to determine the post to which I am replying.
(I left the entire previous thread in here, because it demonstrates the
point of this particular post.)

Anne

"sockiescat" wrote in message

Gail Futoran "Jamies_Roses" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

hi jamie welcome to the group i live in southwestern ontario, canada. i
have never really grown roses before but bought a couple of miniature
roses in a mid burgundy colour they are really pretty.
gail has been trying to help me learn about them. i just hope i can
keep them alive until spring lol. again welcome to the group. cyaaaa,
sockiescat.

--
sockiescat

Old 07-03-2006, 12:21 AM posted to rec.gardens.roses
Dennis

"Gail Futoran" You're digging it
round, when it aughta Be SQUARE

"Jamies_Roses" wrote in message
roups.com...
I am new to here, and so excited to meet you all!! I have been growing
roses for about 5 years - more seriously now that I have bought my
first house and have plenty of room to grow more roses than ever
before! I currently have about 30 roses, and am putting many, many
more in as I renovate the landscape here at my house { I LOVE!! saying
"My House" :-) } I look forward to learning, and sharing roses with
you, and making a new gardening buddy or two as well.....:-)!!!

Happy New Year!!
Jamie

Hi Jamie and welcome.

Where are you located? What kinds of roses do you have?

I started with modern roses but quickly added old
garden or antique roses and now have about a
70-30 mix of the two.

Gail
near San Antonio TX Zone 8

hello, I drift in and out of here, usually a lurker type guy.
I work for the nursery section of a retailer, I grow a couple roses in
my own yard as well. You Can Do IT.. anyway, I'm here in western
Indiana. throw seeds on the ground and water them, you're probably
going to get something to grow from it.

the two rose shrubs I can remember the names of are :Fragrant Cloud
and Oklahoma. the other is a nice hybrid tea that is a sweet Buttery
yellow and the other is a coral climber that I forget the name of. I
started growing roses for my Wife, I figured it's better to spend 20
bucks on a shrubbed rose that gives great flowers all summer long than
ito buy a dozen roses from a florist that will be thrown away in a
week.

oh and she likes Lillacs too.
--

If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfeld
"Education is the progressive discovery of our own Ignorance" - Will Durant
"We are drowning in information, while starving for wisdom." - E.O. Wilson
"the glass is not only half full the first half was delicious" --Me
To Reply: Scrape off the end bits...

Old 07-03-2006, 02:04 AM posted to rec.gardens.roses
Gail Futoran

"Anne Lurie" wrote in message
m...
Just a note, everyone -- try to be careful when you quote a post in your
reply (especially as to who said what) and set your newsreader so that it
"marks" the quoted text.

When I reply, if I don't get the before each line
I'm replying to, I add it in manually. Not everyone
will do that. ::shrug:: I don't know what the
solution is, I suppose some incompatibility of
mail servers is causing it. If there's a technical
fix, I'd like to know it (save me typing all those

If you look closely at the post below, you will see that it can be hard to
tell who said what to whom -- and all it takes is a teeny difference of
opinion to start a flame war!

True, but this was a mild, informative exchange
and I don't see any reason for problems. Still,
I suppose the warning is worth it.

As for top vs. bottom posting, there are varying schools of thought about
that, but I almost always top post.

I know ngs that will flame you for even saying
that! Personally, I think it depends on what you're
replying to. I tend to bottom/mid post, because
that's what I "grew up" with and what most people
seem to prefer. But I certainly don't mind a top
post in many circumstances.

That way, it is clear what I am saying,
even though it can be an art to determine the post to which I am replying.
(I left the entire previous thread in here, because it demonstrates the
point of this particular post.)

Yep. And I deleted it to save bandwidth.
We should probably have switched the subject
header to OT, but there's so little traffic in
rgr these days, I figure why bother.

Hey, Anne, how are your roses doing?

Anne

Gail
near San Antonio TX Zone 8

Uhh....guys, What the hell's on the veggie filter? DesertPond Ponds 9 12-03-2003 04:45 AM
Sorry guys! Pat Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 03-03-2003 02:15 PM
How do you guys measure Stuff? Aqua Freshwater Aquaria Plants 17 03-03-2003 01:17 AM
Missed You Guys! Reka Orchids 2 23-02-2003 08:04 PM
My Bad Fish Luck Continues Guys. Just Me \Koi\ Ponds 10 04-02-2003 02:23 PM