Old 23-03-2003, 10:20 PM
Kirra

Default Burgundy Iceberg

"Susan Solomon" wrote in message
. ..
Oh My Goodness!!
Following Kirra's link, I went to the Treloar rose site in Aussie-land,

and
was totally blown away by the Incredibly eye-poppingly BEAUTIFUL roses
available there! I had made up a "must-have" list with about 12 roses

before
I realized that Treloar doesn't ship to America. And I just "finished"
planting my little rose garden here in SoCal two weeks ago!

Heartbreak. And since several of the roses I loved at Treloar were

released
a number of years ago, but still don't appear in any of our catalogs in

the
USA, I guess they won't be appearing on our shores any time soon, eh?

Someone else on the list mentioned going through Canada for Aussie roses,
but the Pickerings catalog I checked didn't list the ones I had wanted.
Phoey. Well, we can always hope for next year.

I LOVE that burgundy Iceberg! But I MUST get "Home and Garden"!

Sue in SoCal

Hey, why don't you share the "must-have" list (if you still have it)? I'm
sure some of us who can order from Treloar would love to be empowered to buy
more roses.

Kirra
Brisbane, Australia
Z10

Old 25-03-2003, 04:32 AM
Susan Solomon

Ah, Kirra. You tempt me.
Here's my "wish list" from Treloar...

Home and Garden (I love this little pink! Wonder if it's a good bloomer,
too. I have several Austin roses, and love the form...)
La Luna (looks almost like a more refined New Day..so big and pretty)
Marianna (looks like a blushing Brandy - one of my favorite HTs)
Michael Crawford (Victor Borge) VB is listed at Arena Roses, so there's
hope...
Mother's Love *so delicate -
New Ballet *love this pink. Wonder if it's got salmon tones in the garden?
Old Fragrance *Love this - could this be Perfume Delight under a different
name?
Best Friend *gorgeous lavender. I love this one.
Savoy Hotel *this pink reminds me somewhat of Cherish
Spicy *oooh the orange color!
Happy Anniversary *great orange - so deep!
Burgundy Iceberg *wow

What can I say? The photos are so beautiful - how could we not want them!
I did use the "HelpMeFind listserver that someone suggested, and a couple
are available in the States, so that was some progress. But most are not!
What a shock to see such beautiful roses not available in the States! (I
must sound like a neophyte at this, and I am!)

Well, enjoy your bounty! Happy Growing!
Sue in SoCal

Old 25-03-2003, 10:32 PM
Kirra

"Susan Solomon" wrote in message
news
Ah, Kirra. You tempt me.
Here's my "wish list" from Treloar...

Home and Garden (I love this little pink! Wonder if it's a good bloomer,
too. I have several Austin roses, and love the form...)
I quite like this one too. I want to get at least one OGR/Austin this year
and had been thinking of Heritage, Evelyn or Chaucor but maybe I should go
for this one instead/as well.

La Luna (looks almost like a more refined New Day..so big and pretty)
Marianna (looks like a blushing Brandy - one of my favorite HTs)
Michael Crawford (Victor Borge) VB is listed at Arena Roses, so there's
hope...
Mother's Love *so delicate -
New Ballet *love this pink. Wonder if it's got salmon tones in the garden?
Old Fragrance *Love this - could this be Perfume Delight under a different
name?

Perfume Delight is sold under it's name in Austalia so I guess this must be
a different rose. Perfume Delight is one of my grandmother's favourite roses
and my mother also has it.

Best Friend *gorgeous lavender. I love this one.

I really do like the deep purple/lavender flowers. This one is definitely
going on my list of wants.

Savoy Hotel *this pink reminds me somewhat of Cherish
Spicy *oooh the orange color!
Happy Anniversary *great orange - so deep!

I thought Spicy was a litte too orange but I do like the orange of Happy
Aniversary. Like you said so deep.

Burgundy Iceberg *wow

Already on my list

What can I say? The photos are so beautiful - how could we not want them!
I did use the "HelpMeFind listserver that someone suggested, and a couple
are available in the States, so that was some progress. But most are not!
What a shock to see such beautiful roses not available in the States! (I
must sound like a neophyte at this, and I am!)

Well, enjoy your bounty! Happy Growing!

Thank you for your suggestions. I'm not big on pink roses so there is a few
I did not comment on above, I'm not sure what it is. I currently only have 4
pink roses. Two are bright, vivid pink, one is a mini given to me as a
birthday present and the last I got reduced from $16 to $5. I wouldn't even
buy it at $8 because it was pink

However your suggestions have given me another at least 3 roses to put onto
my wish list, even though I was only planning on gettting 6 or 7 this year.

Happy Spring!

Kirra

Wilsonara Lisa Devos 'Burgundy' - can't get any more burgundy than this! Eric Hunt[_1_] Orchid Photos 3 22-01-2007 04:46 PM
Burgundy Iceberg Pictures Kirra Roses 1 18-09-2003 06:03 AM
wish list was Burgundy Iceberg Kirra Roses 3 09-04-2003 01:56 PM
climbing iceberg dave weil Roses 3 28-01-2003 01:06 AM
Red & White Climbers climbing iceberg Radika Kesavan Roses 1 27-01-2003 10:09 AM