GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Source for Roses (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/roses/11491-re-source-roses.html)

Shiva 24-03-2003 05:32 PM

Source for Roses

Henry Hartley wrote:

I'm looking for a few specific climbers and am having trouble finding
sources for them. The three I'm looking for a

Gruss an Teplitz
Etoile de Hollande, Climbing
Josephine Bruce, Climbing

The source I found for Gruss an Teplitz is Chamblee's Rose Nursery in
Tyler, Texas http://www.chambleeroses.com/. I've ordered from them
before with no problems so that's one down.

The only source I've found in North America for Etoile de Hollande is
http://www.oldrosenursery.com/index.htm. They have a pretty extensive
list of roses available but they are in Canada and don't ship to the
USA. There were a few sources in UK but that's not going to help me
much, either. Does anyone know of a good source for Etoile de Hollande
or Josephine Bruce in the USA?

Is there a comprehensive list of rose sources on the web?

Hello Henry!

Go to http://helpmefind.com and bookmark it. While I would not call it
comprehensive, it is certainly a best effort in that direction. for
example, here is the list of vendors presented for Josephine Bruce:

http://helpmefind.com/sites/rrr/spls...hdg=Josephine%
20Bruce

When you go to the site, choose "Browse Lists" then "by name" and you will
see how it works. Vendors are listed at the end of individual rose entries.

Shiva 24-03-2003 06:20 PM

Source for Roses

On Mon, 24 Mar 2003 12:33:02 -0500 (EST), "Shiva"
wrote:

Henry Hartley wrote:

The only source I've found in North America for Etoile de Hollande is
http://www.oldrosenursery.com/index.htm. They have a pretty extensive
list of roses available but they are in Canada and don't ship to the
USA. There were a few sources in UK but that's not going to help me
much, either. Does anyone know of a good source for Etoile de Hollande
or Josephine Bruce in the USA?

Just in case you don't want to go web hunting:

Name: B & B Nursery & Propagators more info
Type: Wholesale & Mail Order
Catalog: Printed & Online
Address: 2578 County Road 1
Willows, California 95988
United States
Phone: 530-934-2676 (Information)
530-934-2676 (Fax)
Internet: www.bandbnursery.com (Website)
(Email)

Name: Berkeley Horticultural Nursery more info
Type: Retail
Catalog: Online
Address: 1310 McGee Avenue
Berkeley, California 94703
United States
Phone: 510-526-4704 (Information)
Internet:
www.berkeleyhort.com (Website)
(Email)

Name: Greenmantle Nursery more info
Type: Retail
Catalog: Printed
Address: 3010 Ettersburg Road
Garberville, California 95542
United States
Phone: 707-986-7504 (Information)

Name: Regan Nursery more info
Type: Retail & Mail Order
Catalog: Printed & Online
Address: 4268 Decoto Road
Fremont, California 94555
United States
Phone: 510-797-3222 (Information)
510-793-5408 (Fax)
800-249-4680 (Ordering)
Internet:
www.regannursery.com (Website)

Name: Roses Unlimited Display Gardens & Greenhouses more info
Type: Retail & Mail Order
Catalog: Printed & Online
Address: 363 N. Deer Wood Dr.
Laurens, South Carolina 29360
United States
Phone: 864-682-7673 (Information)
864-682-2455 (Fax)
Internet: www.rosesunlimitedownroot.com (Website)
(Email)

Name: The Antique Rose Emporium (Brenham, Texas) more info
Type: Retail & Mail Order
Catalog: Printed & Online
Address: 9300 Lueckemeyer Road
Brenham, Texas 77833-6453
United States
Phone: 409-836-9051 (Information)
409-836-0928 (Fax)
800-441-0002 (Ordering)
Internet:
www.weAREroses.com (Website)
(Email)

Cass 25-03-2003 02:44 AM

Source for Roses

Shiva wrote:
"Shiva" wrote:

Henry Hartley wrote:

The only source I've found in North America for Etoile de Hollande is
http://www.oldrosenursery.com/index.htm.

Just in case you don't want to go web hunting:

Name: B & B Nursery & Propagators more info
Type: Wholesale & Mail Order
Catalog: Printed & Online
Address: 2578 County Road 1
Willows, California 95988
United States
Phone: 530-934-2676 (Information)
530-934-2676 (Fax)
Internet: www.bandbnursery.com (Website)
(Email)

The tiny OR's I got from B & B last fall are just now leafing out, tho
one arrived with rather gruesome blackspot on the rooted cutting. Very
small. Interesting selection, and I will buy from them again. Very good
service-they called me on the phone!

Name: The Antique Rose Emporium (Brenham, Texas) more info
Type: Retail & Mail Order
Catalog: Printed & Online
Address: 9300 Lueckemeyer Road
Brenham, Texas 77833-6453
United States
Phone: 409-836-9051 (Information)
409-836-0928 (Fax)
800-441-0002 (Ordering)
Internet:
www.weAREroses.com (Website)
(Email)

I've gotten wonderful real 1 gallon sized roses from them on two
occasions. The shipping is expensive, and the roses are worth the
money.

tsmay 31-03-2003 09:32 PM

Source for Roses

Cass wrote in message . ..
Shiva wrote:
"Shiva" wrote:

Henry Hartley wrote:

The only source I've found in North America for Etoile de Hollande is
http://www.oldrosenursery.com/index.htm.

Here's a source for Etoile de Holland
http://www.michaelsrose.com/