Old 26-03-2003, 05:44 PM
Morag Adams

Default Which rose will do?

We have recently moved into a new house and are busy planting out the
garden.
We would love to plant a rose that would meander up the wall at the
front of the house but the house is south westerly facing and we don't
know which type would flourish there.Can anyone help, please?
Old 26-03-2003, 07:08 PM
Shiva

Morag Adams wrote:

We have recently moved into a new house and are busy planting out the
garden.

Congratulations on your new house!

We would love to plant a rose that would meander up the wall at the
front of the house but the house is south westerly facing and we don't
know which type would flourish there.Can anyone help, please?

The most important question is, where are you? Knowing your general
location can help us recommend a climber for you. Second thing is--what
are you prepared to do to train the climber onto the wall--roses don't
have those sucker things that attach themselves, like ivy does. (You may
be smarter than I, but I used to think they just climbed on their own.
They sort of do on a fence, but not on a wall. )

Let us know your location or zone! I am in Zone 7, Raleigh, NC.

Which herb in which bath! Derek[_6_] United Kingdom 10 03-02-2017 08:14 PM
which rose tigger Roses 6 08-04-2011 11:47 AM
Which rights for which animals? (was: problem with this newsgroup) Bob LeChevalier Ponds 0 25-12-2007 10:42 PM
Which rights for which animals? (was: problem with this newsgroup) pearl Ponds 0 25-12-2007 07:57 PM
which rose tigger Roses 0 22-02-2003 07:03 PM