Old 30-03-2003, 03:32 AM
Radika Kesavan

Default Colour of roses best roses for Albuquerque, NM

lms wrote:
In article ,
says...

lms wrote:

Fire Meidelland

Fire Engine Red, some people say. ...

I liked the name, of course, and just want to believe.

It is better to believe in names of roses sometimes.

Geranium Red, my own root rose from Amity Heritage Roses, produces roses
that are really the red of the Geraniums. And AHR has been a very good
place for this rose, travelled all the way from San Jose HRG to AHR's
current home in (way) northern CA and came back all the way here. Folks
said that this red is very difficult to "place" in a garden, and I have
it in a grouping of the coral Cl Margo Koster, white Bouvardia (of
wonderful fragrance, a great flowering plant for this climate, am sure
it is not hardy enough for you
(
http://www.desert-tropicals.com/Plan...ongiflora.html))
and a little red supermarket miniature rose. I was not trying to "place"
it, but that was the place for it, against a white wall as the
background. I don't believe in "placing" except ti suit the plant's
grwoing needs and my needs to live and work aound it.

Nice colour, Geranium red, a good rose.

I have Pearl Meidiland, it's not there yet, but might get there.

You like that pearly sort of shell pink colour, right. It works well for
me too. I really like it in Souvenir de St. Anne's. Am not sure if SdSA
will survive in your climate, but it is a great rose, especially for its
colour and fragrance and sturdiness and staying the right size and so on.

Pink Meidiland, what a great rose, though==coral pink, white eye,
very orderly, not a wild thing, no dieback.

Coral? I like the coral colour a lot, but in the Star Roses' site, this
rose looks red in the picture.

From where are you getting this?

See, you failed to answer that. From where are you getting Fire Meidiland?

And also, why aren't you getting Fuschia Meidiland? It is darn
pretty - and since it is mauve, you can call it a coffee rose, no?

Fuschia now, it does sound interesting.

Aye, it does, doesn't it. That colour will work very well mixed with
red, I have noticed, at least to my taste. I have a hedge of Eugene de
Beauharnais that actually produces (what I call) Fuschia coloured
blossoms like this http://www.uncommongarden.com/r/euge...auharnais.html
besides a hedge of very easy-going Red Simplicity. It is all interpersed
with tall and creamy Oriental Trumpet Lilies, and it is all very
pleasing together.

maybe next year, I have a firm handle on the insanity. have plenty
to look at. heh.

Julie here (handle Unique Too) says that wisdom and roses don't go
together, but I reckon she might be a tad younger than me ;-). I am also
getting there, sort o, slowly.

I want them both, I think. Better than growing miniatures ...

miniatures--planted so many, have so few. tough life around here.

Who are the survivors and is there a correlation between their colours
and their survival g?

--
Radika
California

Old 31-03-2003, 05:08 PM
lms

In article ,
says...

lms wrote:
In article ,
says...

lms wrote:

Fire Meidelland

Fire Engine Red, some people say. ...

I liked the name, of course, and just want to believe.

It is better to believe in names of roses sometimes.

Geranium Red, my own root rose from Amity Heritage Roses, produces roses
that are really the red of the Geraniums.

pelargonium, I believe. That's what makes Trumpeter the color it is. I
grow the hybrid moyesii Geranium, it doesn't remind me of geraniums.

You like that pearly sort of shell pink colour, right. It works well for
me too. I really like it in Souvenir de St. Anne's.

Sheer Bliss, star rose.

Am not sure if SdSA
will survive in your climate, but it is a great rose, especially for its
colour and fragrance and sturdiness and staying the right size and so on.

have fastidiously avoided that rose, its clonemama checked out quickly.

Pink Meidiland, what a great rose, though==coral pink, white eye,
very orderly, not a wild thing, no dieback.

Coral? I like the coral colour a lot, but in the Star Roses' site, this
rose looks red in the picture.

red eh? this one was a Paula rose I picked from a list.

From where are you getting this?

See, you failed to answer that. From where are you getting Fire Meidiland?

Jung's, sorry. there were 2 iterations of this post, I think there was
a blue screen somehow associated.

miniatures--planted so many, have so few. tough life around here.

Who are the survivors and is there a correlation between their colours
and their survival g?

no color correlation I've noticed.
the biggest problem is the pasture grass, K45, which grows on
the other side of the ditch. They don't like it, it's hard keeping a handle
on it. Out front there's Denver's Dream, Apricot Twist, Cafe Ole', Mountie,
Winsome, Palmetto Sunrise and Pierrine--I'd call them great roses, enduring
roses. Another rock solid unit is Chica Kordana, a throwaway rose, definitely
the hardiest mini on the plantation. None of these have any competition to
speak of, I guess that's the factor.

Old 31-03-2003, 06:56 PM
Radika Kesavan

lms wrote:
In article ,
says...

Geranium Red, my own root rose from Amity Heritage Roses, produces
roses that are really the red of the Geraniums.

pelargonium, I believe.

True.

That's what makes Trumpeter the color it is. I grow the hybrid
moyesii Geranium, it doesn't remind me of geraniums.

Don't know any true geraniums that are red, only pelargoniums. This
beautiful ping geranium (real geranium) is the new weed around the
garden this year, may be something to do with the El Nino winter, and
this one I don't mind, at least not yet.

You like that pearly sort of shell pink colour, right. It works
well for me too. I really like it in Souvenir de St. Anne's.

Sheer Bliss, star rose.

Absolutely. My seven-year old Sheer Bliss is putting on a great show
this year.

Am trying an experiment - last year, was out of the country through
crucial months and could not prune a whole lot of the big growers, like
Sheer Bliss. Some of them produced more flowers (the beautifully pink
Bewitched) but the others not (Voodoo). Chencking out whether this is
reproducible this year. Leastways, this is my explanation for my ways
becoming lazy and easy-going. If I don't watch out, one of these days I
might actually become mellow. A mellow fire-brand is a thing of nought.

Am not sure if SdSA will survive in your climate, ...

have fastidiously avoided that rose, its clonemama checked out
quickly.

Interesting; too bad. This morning, SdSA has its first stunning blossom
of the year. Pure poetry. Same as Sheer Bliss, pure poetry.

Pink Meidiland, what a great rose, though==coral pink, white eye,
very orderly, not a wild thing, no dieback.

Coral? I like the coral colour a lot, but in the Star Roses' site,
this rose looks red in the picture.

red eh? this one was a Paula rose I picked from a list.

That picture is too dark, underexposed badly, so may be it is coral that
looks red because of that.

See, you failed to answer that. From where are you getting Fire
Meidiland?

Jung's, sorry. there were 2 iterations of this post, I think there
was a blue screen somehow associated.

Thanks. The Blue Screen Haiku is pretty good. Most of the rest of the MS
Haiku is clever too, but this one stands out from the crowd:
"Windows NT crashed.
I am the Blue Screen of Death
No one hears your screams."

miniatures

Who are the survivors and is there a correlation between their
colours and their survival g?

no color correlation I've noticed. the biggest problem is the pasture
grass, K45, which grows on the other side of the ditch. They don't
like it, it's hard keeping a handle on it. Out front there's
Denver's Dream, Apricot Twist, Cafe Ole', Mountie, Winsome, Palmetto
Sunrise and Pierrine--I'd call them great roses, enduring roses.
Another rock solid unit is Chica Kordana, a throwaway rose,
definitely the hardiest mini on the plantation. None of these have
any competition to speak of, I guess that's the factor.

Grass growing everywhere except where someone inthis house wants it is a
huge annoyance. I guess Minis better be tough if they have to fight with
that kind of a survivor Genus.

--
Radika
California

Old 02-04-2003, 04:20 PM
lms

In article ,
says...

lms wrote:
In article ,
says...

Geranium Red, my own root rose from Amity Heritage Roses, produces
roses that are really the red of the Geraniums.

pelargonium, I believe.

True.

That's what makes Trumpeter the color it is. I grow the hybrid
moyesii Geranium, it doesn't remind me of geraniums.

Don't know any true geraniums that are red, only pelargoniums. This
beautiful ping geranium (real geranium) is the new weed around the
garden this year, may be something to do with the El Nino winter, and
this one I don't mind, at least not yet.

let me tell you something I mind. I mind having 7 rows of spinach and 3
rows of lettuce one day and no rows period the next. Happened last year
too, just poof!, I'm mystified. I need chemicals.

You like that pearly sort of shell pink colour, right. It works
well for me too. I really like it in Souvenir de St. Anne's.

Sheer Bliss, star rose.

Absolutely. My seven-year old Sheer Bliss is putting on a great show
this year.

slashing a long story Sheer Bliss remains an honest bush, has no real good
reason for being so. it's as hard as...nails. they've been checking out of
that general vicinity for half a dozen years or more. I moved one of them,
Michele Meilland, in 96, it's now living the good life. Michele was one of
my first snotty roses, only last year learnt how to pronounce it. And now
I've forgotten.

Am not sure if SdSA will survive in your climate, ...

have fastidiously avoided that rose, its clonemama checked out
quickly.

Interesting; too bad. This morning, SdSA has its first stunning blossom
of the year. Pure poetry. Same as Sheer Bliss, pure poetry.

that rose is pretty enuf, I've before given it a second thought, but then
I think of those balled blooms. it's like Royal Highness, I wouldn't buy
anything closely related to it, skipped on Bride's Dream--grew Lady Vera
and it was an immediate checkout. royal highness was the first rose I
felt scammed over. wasn't warned, ball city. In a dozen years I never
saw anything but.

Jung's, sorry. there were 2 iterations of this post, I think there
was a blue screen somehow associated.

Thanks. The Blue Screen Haiku is pretty good. Most of the rest of the MS
Haiku is clever too, but this one stands out from the crowd:
"Windows NT crashed.
I am the Blue Screen of Death
No one hears your screams."

I have this screensaver which mimics Win2000's blue screen, complete with
rotating exceptions, hit any key, 'reboot', etc.
Win2000 was insisted upon and jammed into my new laptop, I've never seen it
crash, but it always treats me like the enemy, I can't stand it.

miniatures

Grass growing everywhere except where someone inthis house wants it is a
huge annoyance. I guess Minis better be tough if they have to fight with
that kind of a survivor Genus.

I don't mind pulling out grass or whatever once a year, that's parta the
deal, I just can't handle it on a regular basis. on this side of the
ditch it's never been a problem, not even the bermuda, but on the other side,
which is largely full sun and irrigated, and is where almost all new roses go,
a rose had best rise quickly above the threats, the dangers. At this point,
the complainers have come and gone and 'all' the gaps are filled with the
willing. All things considered there are just not many places to put a rose
anymore. Lengthy procrastination is just no longer part of the agenda.

Old 02-04-2003, 08:20 PM
Bob Bauer

Radika said:

I have a hedge of Eugene de
Beauharnais that actually produces (what I call) Fuschia coloured
blossoms like this
http://www.uncommongarden.com/r/euge...auharnais.html

Wow, Paul Barden is one helluva photographer. I wanna eat that rose!

I love that color. Nice.....

Bob Bauer
Zone 6 in Salt Lake City
http://www.rose-roses.com/

Old 02-04-2003, 10:20 PM
Radika Kesavan

lms wrote:

let me tell you something I mind. I mind having 7 rows of spinach
and 3 rows of lettuce one day and no rows period the next. Happened
last year too, just poof!, I'm mystified.

Have you rounded up all the usual suspects?

I need chemicals.

Have some more coffee. Better yet, tea. Tea is chockfull of good
chemicals ...

Seriously, I have seen the phenomenon you are describing with vegetable
seedlings here, and it has always been due to earwigs. I catch 'em by
tossing around crumpled balls of newspaper which for some reason they
like to crawl into, and then dispose off in the garbage container. I am
not sure if earwigs exist in your climate, but it sure sounds like the
same kind of damage. And they always prefer spinach and lettuce to kale
and arugula. Nothing bitter, oh no, they don't like that, the bloody
earwigs.

Sheer Bliss, star rose.

Absolutely. My seven-year old Sheer Bliss is putting on a great
show this year.

slashing a long story Sheer Bliss remains an honest bush, has no real
good reason for being so. it's as hard as...nails. they've been
checking out of that general vicinity for half a dozen years or more.
I moved one of them, Michele Meilland, in 96, it's now living the
good life. Michele was one of my first snotty roses, only last year
learnt how to pronounce it. And now I've forgotten.

It is one tough rose. I have not pruned mine nor taken care of it in
anyway other than water and dead-head for the last three years and it is
looking spectacular.

Am not sure if SdSA will survive in your climate, ...

have fastidiously avoided that rose, its clonemama checked out
quickly.

Interesting; too bad. This morning, SdSA has its first stunning
blossom of the year. Pure poetry. Same as Sheer Bliss, pure poetry.

that rose is pretty enuf, I've before given it a second thought, but
then I think of those balled blooms.

Which? Souvenir de la Malmaison balls galore, but its clonedaughter
Souvenir de St. Anne's has far fewer petals and opens its heart fully,
never balls. Really. Honest Injun g.

it's like Royal Highness, I wouldn't buy anything closely related to
it, skipped on Bride's Dream--grew Lady Vera and it was an immediate
checkout. royal highness was the first rose I felt scammed over.
wasn't warned, ball city. In a dozen years I never saw anything but.

It is all in the number of petals, isn't it. Whomever heard of Altissimo
balling, for example? If you want to see balling, you have got to look
at Auguste Renoir. Wants the temps to be above 90 in order to see its
innards. Tough. I don't want it to be above 90, no.

"Windows NT crashed. I am the Blue Screen of Death No one hears
your screams."

I have this screensaver which mimics Win2000's blue screen, complete
with rotating exceptions, hit any key, 'reboot', etc. Win2000 was
insisted upon and jammed into my new laptop, I've never seen it
crash, but it always treats me like the enemy, I can't stand it.

Windows XP appears to be worse than Win2000. The other guy in this house
is stuck with XP / Linux combo on his laptop, and refuses to use XP
unless he absolutely has to do this. Internet Explorer explodes the
machine on XP, everytime, even when all he is trying to do is download
Mozilla. So, I usually get the Mozilla for his Windows XP on my machine,
and he takes it up from here on the local network.

I don't mind pulling out grass or whatever once a year, that's parta
the deal, I just can't handle it on a regular basis. on this side of
the ditch it's never been a problem, not even the bermuda, but on the
other side, which is largely full sun and irrigated, and is where
almost all new roses go, a rose had best rise quickly above the
threats, the dangers. At this point, the complainers have come and
gone and 'all' the gaps are filled with the willing. All things
considered there are just not many places to put a rose anymore.
Lengthy procrastination is just no longer part of the agenda.

Sigh ... I do know what you mean. Really.

--
Radika
California

Old 02-04-2003, 10:20 PM
Radika Kesavan

Bob Bauer wrote:
Radika said:

... Eugene de Beauharnais that actually produces
(what I call) Fuschia coloured blossoms like this
http://www.uncommongarden.com/r/euge...auharnais.html

Wow, Paul Barden is one helluva photographer. I wanna eat that rose!

Liek Raspberry Ice ...

I love that color. Nice.....

It is a very easy-going rose too, makes no fuss at all. I think this
colour is produced only this side of the Rockies. Pictures from the
other side, at least from JohnW.' s site, show a different colour for
this rose. And aye, Paul Barden is quite skilled, isn't he - so much so
that JohnW. suggests that some of these colours are produced by skilled
camera work ;-). I have tried telling him that those are the colours
obtained here, to no avail.

--
Radika
California

Old 02-04-2003, 10:20 PM
Cass

In article , Bob Bauer
wrote:

Radika said:

I have a hedge of Eugene de
Beauharnais that actually produces (what I call) Fuschia coloured
blossoms like this
http://www.uncommongarden.com/r/euge...auharnais.html

You have a whole hedge? What a great idea. Are yours budded or OR? I'd
heard that the thing won't grow on its own roots, so my plant is
budded, oogly, as expected, but flowers constantly.

Wow, Paul Barden is one helluva photographer. I wanna eat that rose!

I love that color. Nice.....

Not only his photos, but his site is to die for. The best bloom I ever
got off Eugene, this spring, weather cool, the color mighty poiple:

http://home.earthlink.net/%7Ecbernst...eDeBeauharnais
30Mar03.jpg

Cheet, that sure doesn't look amazing on my Apple browser...looks a tad
bit better on Internet Exploder. I have to stop doing my photo editing
in the dark.......
Old 02-04-2003, 11:08 PM
Radika Kesavan

Cass wrote:
In article , Bob Bauer
wrote:

Radika said:

I have a hedge of Eugene de Beauharnais that actually produces
(what I call) Fuschia coloured blossoms like this
http://www.uncommongarden.com/r/euge...auharnais.html

You have a whole hedge? What a great idea. Are yours budded or OR?
I'd heard that the thing won't grow on its own roots, so my plant is
budded, oogly, as expected, but flowers constantly.

LOL! This is rather funny to read since totally coincidentally, my
"hedge" is only a short (12 feet) hedge of 4 plants right now - two are
budded and two are own-root, and the own-root ones are from Alice's
White Rabbit, got from her before she decided to close shop. I got them
all about two and a half years ago, this is their third spring here, and
the own-root ones have nicely caught up with the budded ones. I just
looked at them this morning, and was gladdened beyond all reason to see
all the new shoots coming out of the ground, and the new basal breaks on
the budded plants as well. That colour is something I love to wear, and
it is an unreasoning and unconditional love I feel for this rose. Who
says that this does not grow OR? Based on my experience, I would say
root some yourself, or I can give you cuttings to root when I prune them
in the fall if you like. I have not prunes them so far, because I want
them to build to a really nice size. The ones at the Heritage look
spectacular, but the Kernel goes around saying they don;t do anything
special for him; may be there is too much coal in New Castle or something.

Wow, Paul Barden is one helluva photographer. I wanna eat that
rose! I love that color. Nice.....

Not only his photos, but his site is to die for. The best bloom I
ever got off Eugene, this spring, weather cool, the color mighty
poiple:

http://home.earthlink.net/%7Ecbernst...ais30Mar03.jpg

Wow. Nice picture, but it is way more purple than I have ever seen it
here. It is a beautiful Maria Callas pink with a tinge of purple thrown
in out here, never so purple! This almost looks like Tuscany Superb! See
Paul's:

http://www.rdrop.com/~paul/gallicas/superb.html

Again, that is what Tuscany Superb looks like here, but in JohnW.'s
pictures they look like the OGR red, and he thinks that Paul's colours
are being added by the lens - harrumph! *This* is what TS looks like
here. Cass, you ought to try one of these purple children of TS and TS
as well - see this is the one I want to get from Uncommon Rose either
this year or the next, Ellen Tofflemi

http://www.rdrop.com/~paul/gallicas/bestgallica.html

I have a spot for it, right in my (more or less) row of Gallicas (mixed
in with a few other things in my usual crazy fashion, but it is mostly
Gallicas out there).

Cheet, that sure doesn't look amazing on my Apple browser...looks a
tad bit better on Internet Exploder. I have to stop doing my photo
editing in the dark.......

Huh? It looks great on my Mozilla ... what is your complaint? Get thee
thyself the use of Mozilla ...

--
Radika
California

Old 02-04-2003, 11:20 PM
Cass

Radika Kesavan wrote:
Cass wrote:
Bob Bauer wrote:
Radika said:

I have a hedge of Eugene de Beauharnais that actually produces
(what I call) Fuschia coloured blossoms like this
http://www.uncommongarden.com/r/euge...auharnais.html

You have a whole hedge? What a great idea. Are yours budded or OR?
I'd heard that the thing won't grow on its own roots, so my plant is
budded, oogly, as expected, but flowers constantly.

LOL! This is rather funny to read since totally coincidentally, my
"hedge" is only a short (12 feet) hedge of 4 plants right now -

That counts.

two are budded and two are own-root, and the own-root ones are from
Alice's White Rabbit, got from her before she decided to close shop.
I got them all about two and a half years ago, this is their third
spring here, and the own-root ones have nicely caught up with the
budded ones. I just looked at them this morning, and was gladdened
beyond all reason to see all the new shoots coming out of the ground,
and the new basal breaks on the budded plants as well. That colour is
something I love to wear, and it is an unreasoning and unconditional
love I feel for this rose. Who says that this does not grow OR?

The guy who sold me the plant. Ya know, the OR EdB's are not that
common.

Wow, Paul Barden is one helluva photographer. I wanna eat that
rose! I love that color. Nice.....

Not only his photos, but his site is to die for. The best bloom I
ever got off Eugene, this spring, weather cool, the color mighty
poiple:

http://home.earthlink.net/%7Ecbernst...eDeBeauharnais
30Mar03.jpg

Wow. Nice picture, but it is way more purple than I have ever seen it
here. It is a beautiful Maria Callas pink with a tinge of purple thrown
in out here, never so purple! This almost looks like Tuscany Superb! See
Paul's:

http://www.rdrop.com/~paul/gallicas/superb.html

Yep, I never saw it so dark.

Cass, you ought to try one of these purple children of TS and TS
as well - see this is the one I want to get from Uncommon Rose either
this year or the next, Ellen Tofflemi

http://www.rdrop.com/~paul/gallicas/bestgallica.html

I have Charles de Mills, which is the smallest of the small roses.
Maybe I'll get a flower this year. All it wants to do is try to sucker
out of the drain holes of the pot.

Cheet, that sure doesn't look amazing on my Apple browser...looks a
tad bit better on Internet Exploder. I have to stop doing my photo
editing in the dark.......

Huh? It looks great on my Mozilla ... what is your complaint? Get thee
thyself the use of Mozilla ...

When I compress the files for internet, some of the richness gets
sucked out. And my browsers don't display jpegs the same, the one thing
IE does better.

Old 03-04-2003, 12:20 AM
Radika Kesavan

Cass wrote:
Radika Kesavan wrote:

Eugene de Beauharnais

LOL! This is rather funny to read since totally coincidentally, my
"hedge" is only a short (12 feet) hedge of 4 plants right now -

That counts.

One of these years, it really will be all filled out and a true rose hedge.

Who says that this does not grow OR?

The guy who sold me the plant.

Got it in one.

Ya know, the OR EdB's are not that common.

Did not know that.

I have Charles de Mills, which is the smallest of the small roses.

Huh, really? I grew CdM a while back, was badly located, but got to be
about 3 to 4 feet tall and just as round. I do not remember it being
smaller than the other Gallicas. At the Carmel mission (or in that
vicinity, has been a while), I remember seeing a stand of CdM, may be
some thirty or so plants, all spectacular, not small.

Maybe I'll get a flower this year. All it wants to do is try to
sucker out of the drain holes of the pot.

Yikes. Mine was a budded plant, so I never saw this problem.

--
Radika
California

Old 03-04-2003, 08:08 AM
Bob Bauer

Cass showed:

The best bloom I ever
got off Eugene, this spring, weather cool, the color mighty poiple:

http://home.earthlink.net/%7Ecbernst...ais30Mar03.jpg

Great picture Cass, I especially notice the little points ate the
center edge of each petal.

I think dark purples do best in cool and humid climates like Paul's in
Oregon.

I find that 'The Prince', which is my best dark purple, does best
color wise in the cool fall weather. During the hottest part of the
summer it is almost red.

You know the great thing about 'The Prince' is its overwhelming smell.
It is the most fragrant of the Austins that I grow.

The bush won't win any awards for beauty, as it produces an infinite
mass of small upright canes that form a tangled mess in the middle of
the bush, but the blooms are worth it.

Dark purple rules. I am really looking forward to Reine des Violettes
blooming (new for me this year from Kmart..... heh).

Bob Bauer
Purple Zone 6

Old 03-04-2003, 07:20 PM
Susan H. Simko

Cass wrote:

When I compress the files for internet, some of the richness gets
sucked out. And my browsers don't display jpegs the same, the one thing
IE does better.

And, you can never count on how the end users monitor is calibrated (or,
more likely, *not* calibrated), what brwoser they're using, what OS
they're running, what type of computer they have.... and on and on.
Working as a web administrator/developer for about 8 years now has
taught me that about the only thing I can do is make sure my monitor is
properly calibrated so that I can get the colouring settings as close as
possible without agonizing over it because once it leaves my machine,
it's a crap shoot.

I think that's why to this day, I still prefer print. Printed books,
printed photos, printed catalogs, etc. Most people will be pretty picky
about colour values in printed media and the colours in the media don't
change when sent to me through the mail or however the physical media is
distributed.

Susan
s h simko at duke dot edu

Old 04-04-2003, 04:08 AM
Cass

Susan H. Simko wrote:

Cass wrote:

[...]

All good points, not to mention monitor resolution. I put up an image
once that has a clear impression of the thrip on a light colored rose.
I mean there's no doubt, if you've ever had them. Then I asked someone
if she'd seen the thrips. She said she couldn't see them.

Still, I refuse to give up. Ultimately, if it looks good on my monitor
and satisfies me, the hell with the rest of the world.
Old 04-04-2003, 05:56 AM
Radika Kesavan

Cass wrote:

All good points, not to mention monitor resolution. I put up an image
once that has a clear impression of the thrip on a light colored rose.
I mean there's no doubt, if you've ever had them. Then I asked someone
if she'd seen the thrips. She said she couldn't see them.

Still, I refuse to give up. Ultimately, if it looks good on my monitor
and satisfies me, the hell with the rest of the world.

Atta Girl.

Usually, from the dissatisfied comments you have sometimes made on some
of your own pictures and from the gorgeous way the very same would look
on mine, I have a feeling that my monitor is better attuend to your
pictures g.

--
Radika
California

Albuquerque John DeBoo Gardening 0 23-07-2003 04:22 AM
Albuquerque John S. DeBoo Gardening 0 01-06-2003 05:32 AM
Albuquerque ponders John Rutz Ponds 1 21-04-2003 02:08 AM
best roses for Albuquerque, NM KATE KARON Roses 29 03-04-2003 04:32 PM
urban renewal (Was: best roses for Albuquerque, NM) Regina Roses 4 02-04-2003 04:08 AM