Old 31-03-2003, 10:08 PM
Theresa Chao

Default mildew on roses

What is the best way to solve the mildew problem without using chemicals?
Old 02-04-2003, 05:32 AM
Radika Kesavan

Theresa Chao wrote:
What is the best way to solve the mildew problem without using chemicals?

Please tell us where you are and what roses you grow, Theresa - much
depends on that.

--
Radika
California

Old 07-04-2003, 11:32 PM
Daniel Hanna

In Theresa Chao wrote:
What is the best way to solve the mildew problem without using
chemicals?

Spray the bushes thoroughly with a mix of one part milk, six parts water.
It works better than most commercial chemical alternatives.

I swear by it (and I usually shun organic gardening).
Old 08-04-2003, 12:32 AM
Radika Kesavan

Daniel Hanna wrote:

Spray the bushes thoroughly with a mix of one part milk, six parts water.
It works better than most commercial chemical alternatives.

I swear by it

Interesting. Whole, reduced fat, skim milk?

(and I usually shun organic gardening).

Without folks like you, not all chemists will be able to make a living,
Daniel;-).

--
Radika
California

Old 08-04-2003, 04:56 PM
Daniel Hanna

In Radika Kesavan wrote:
Interesting. Whole, reduced fat, skim milk?

Mix it with whole milk, Radika (4% fat). Spray it liberally to run off
point, preferably undersides as well as tops.

I got rid of all spring mildew on my prone roses with 3 sprays, each 1
week apart. I never EVER got that kind of result with Triforine, Lime
Sulphur or Mancozeb. It bowled me over.

By the way, milk is equally good on black spot.

How could something so simple really work? My guess is that rose fungi
just can't deal with the proteins and fats in good old milk.

when mildew isn't mildew T[_4_] Edible Gardening 1 16-08-2016 07:09 AM
Roses & Mildew - help needed GreedyMoose United Kingdom 2 01-05-2003 11:20 PM
Downy mildew query CandL Australia 3 05-04-2003 07:35 AM
Rosemary mold/mildew? Jack Curry Edible Gardening 5 12-03-2003 04:56 PM
DOWNEY MILDEW rosy Roses 4 13-02-2003 06:25 PM