Old 02-04-2003, 10:44 PM
Radika Kesavan

Default Kew Rambler (Cass!) Climbing Red Rose?

tsmay wrote:
Radika Kesavan wrote in message

Tell me, since you are in Long Island, from where are you going to
get the Kew Rambler? ...

... http://www.vintagegardens.com/ which sells Kew Rambler, (sadly,
not on its own roots) but in the country atleast.

Oh, how fortunate! Vintage Gardens is a very good place, you will not
regret buying from them, IMO. I just checked their website for Kew
Rambler and nothing there tells me that they sell a budded Kew Rambler.
Is this what they said to you over the phone? I wonder if it tends to
colonize and that is why they do not sell it OR.

Cass who is a poster in this forum who also prefers large and brawny
roses buys is a frequenter of Vintage Gardens since she lives in tehri
vicinity. Hey Cass! Here is a Rambler after your heart g!

I orderd it right away. I can't wait. I have an old victorian house
with a big front porch with lots of wicker furniture. I may be taking
on a lot, but I just love the idea of having roses draping over and
around the porch. I hope I like the reality of it as much as the idea
of it. Thanks so much for the help!

Tonya, that sounds absolutely delicious. May the reality prove far more
pleasant than the idea itself for you.

--
Radika
California

Old 02-04-2003, 11:20 PM
Cass

Radika Kesavan wrote:
tsmay wrote:
Radika Kesavan wrote in message

Tell me, since you are in Long Island, from where are you going to
get the Kew Rambler? ...

... http://www.vintagegardens.com/ which sells Kew Rambler, (sadly,
not on its own roots) but in the country atleast.

Oh, how fortunate! Vintage Gardens is a very good place, you will not
regret buying from them, IMO. I just checked their website for Kew
Rambler and nothing there tells me that they sell a budded Kew Rambler.
Is this what they said to you over the phone? I wonder if it tends to
colonize and that is why they do not sell it OR.

Cass who is a poster in this forum who also prefers large and brawny
roses buys is a frequenter of Vintage Gardens since she lives in tehri
vicinity. Hey Cass! Here is a Rambler after your heart g!

The ones that climb up trees and cover castles are a bit rich for my
blood. Just as soon as I get a cherry picker (right after I get a pink
cement truck)....
Old 03-04-2003, 12:20 AM
Ol' Thornfinger

Oh, how fortunate! Vintage Gardens is a very good place, you will not
regret buying from them, IMO. I just checked their website for Kew
Rambler and nothing there tells me that they sell a budded Kew Rambler.

It doesn't say specifically that the Kew they sell is own root:

http://www.vintagegardens.com/cgi-bi...RM_OUT=kew&id=
1i2b0a1j2e1f

....but on their homepage, it says that they are an "Own Root Nursery",
so I'm assuming that all their plants are...Looks interesting, might just
have to check it out.

Old 03-04-2003, 12:20 AM
Radika Kesavan

Cass wrote:
Radika Kesavan wrote:

Cass who is a poster in this forum who also prefers large and brawny
roses buys is a frequenter of Vintage Gardens since she lives in tehri
vicinity. Hey Cass! Here is a Rambler after your heart g!

The ones that climb up trees and cover castles are a bit rich for my
blood. Just as soon as I get a cherry picker (right after I get a pink
cement truck)....

Just teasing. Tonya on Long Island may be able to keep this rose at a
reasonable size, but out here with our kind of winters, thias may be
like introducing rabbits into Australia.

--
Radika
California

Old 18-04-2003, 06:44 PM
tsmay

"Ol' Thornfinger" wrote in message ...
Oh, how fortunate! Vintage Gardens is a very good place, you will not
regret buying from them, IMO. I just checked their website for Kew
Rambler and nothing there tells me that they sell a budded Kew Rambler.

It doesn't say specifically that the Kew they sell is own root:

http://www.vintagegardens.com/cgi-bi...RM_OUT=kew&id=
1i2b0a1j2e1f

...but on their homepage, it says that they are an "Own Root Nursery",
so I'm assuming that all their plants are...Looks interesting, might just
have to check it out.

Hi,
I just recieved my little but soon to be giant Kew Rambler from
Vintage Gardens. It look as happy as can be in its little banded pot.
They have told me that it IS own root. Yeah!

Old 19-04-2003, 06:20 AM
Cass

In article , tsmay
wrote:

"Ol' Thornfinger" wrote in message
Oh, how fortunate! Vintage Gardens is a very good place, you will not
regret buying from them, IMO. I just checked their website for Kew
Rambler and nothing there tells me that they sell a budded Kew Rambler.

It doesn't say specifically that the Kew they sell is own root:

http://www.vintagegardens.com/cgi-bi...RM_OUT=kew&id=
1i2b0a1j2e1f

...but on their homepage, it says that they are an "Own Root Nursery",
so I'm assuming that all their plants are...Looks interesting, might just
have to check it out.

Hi,
I just recieved my little but soon to be giant Kew Rambler from
Vintage Gardens. It look as happy as can be in its little banded pot.
They have told me that it IS own root. Yeah!

Great! Transplant the baby ASAP. This year I made the mistake of using
too heavy a potting mix. Don't do it! They've been growing in a really
light mix, so keep your potting mix nice and light.
Old 19-04-2003, 10:08 PM
tsmay

Great! Transplant the baby ASAP. This year I made the mistake of using
too heavy a potting mix. Don't do it! They've been growing in a really
light mix, so keep your potting mix nice and light.

Thanks! It's a beautiful weekend for planting up here in NY. Do you
mean light as in not too heavily fertilized or light as in fluffy
soil?
Tonya
Old 20-04-2003, 06:46 PM
Cass

In article , tsmay
wrote:

Great! Transplant the baby ASAP. This year I made the mistake of using
too heavy a potting mix. Don't do it! They've been growing in a really
light mix, so keep your potting mix nice and light.

Thanks! It's a beautiful weekend for planting up here in NY. Do you
mean light as in not too heavily fertilized or light as in fluffy
soil?

I meant fluffy soil, but now that you mention it, don't fertilize it
either, not yet. Wait until you see active, overactive, exhuberant
growth.