GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Rain, rain go away! Damage report from Southern, CA (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/roses/1280-rain-rain-go-away-damage-report-southern-ca.html)

A guy named Emil 13-02-2003 03:55 AM

Rain, rain go away! Damage report from Southern, CA

Hi guys,

Well I am sick as a dog and it's pouring like crazy outside. I took a look
outside at where I have roses in a planter, 2 of the roses were sitting in
about 2" of water! So I had to go outside, lift up the concrete edgers so some
water could escape.

I decide to have a look at the bareroots I have planted on the hill. On my
Tigress rose, a rock had come down from the top of the hill and literaly has
caused a "rear-end accident." The rose was pushed forward and up! I was so mad,
I did the best I could in putting the rose back and packing dirt, a.k.a. mud
around it.

I know I provided a vague description, but do you guys think the rose will
live? The rose wasn't completely torn out, just had come been moved forward a
little from the impact of the rock.

Thanks,
Emil

JimS. 13-02-2003 09:05 PM

Rain, rain go away! Damage report from Southern, CA

"A guy named Emil" wrote in message
Yes it does have some growth happening. I was just worried because the

rock had
actually lifted it up a little. I'm crossing my fingers, I think

everything
will be ok.

Emil :-)

Roses are pretty tough...don't worry, it'll probably be fine. Besides, we
all know, they only die when you're treating them very, very well.... !

JimS.
Seattle

Zphysics1 15-02-2003 08:39 PM

Rain, rain go away! Damage report from Southern, CA

No! No! We need rain in So. Cal.
Roses will survive and you will get over your cold -- but we need the rain to
help vegetation grow. Wild fires are not pretty.

As for your cold, egg drop soup with leeks, flat leaf parsley and snow peas
will help.

/z.