GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Red roses turned black (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/roses/1286-red-roses-turned-black.html)

Earlene 13-02-2003 05:55 AM

Red roses turned black

Two beautiful red roses given to me 1/18/03 have now turned a beautiful
black. Still standing upright, no loss of pedals, stems still green,
straight, and moist. It is now 2/12/03. What are these roses called or
is this a unique situation?

JimS. 13-02-2003 08:25 AM

Red roses turned black

"Earlene" wrote in message
Two beautiful red roses given to me 1/18/03 have now turned a beautiful
black. Still standing upright, no loss of pedals, stems still green,
straight, and moist. It is now 2/12/03. What are these roses called or
is this a unique situation?

Dead.
They're called "dead".
No, it's not real unique. :Þ

JimS.
Seattle

Shiva 13-02-2003 09:25 AM

Red roses turned black

Earlene wrote:

Two beautiful red roses given to me 1/18/03 have now turned a beautiful
black. Still standing upright, no loss of pedals, stems still green,
straight, and moist. It is now 2/12/03. What are these roses called or
is this a unique situation?

Don't they smell? After nearly a month in a vase? They must be solid mold.