GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Margaret Merrill, was A-A-A- APHIDS!! And Buds! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/roses/12997-margaret-merrill-re-aphids-buds.html)

Shiva 04-04-2003 09:20 PM

Margaret Merrill, was A-A-A- APHIDS!! And Buds!

On Fri, 04 Apr 2003 18:34:46 GMT, torgo
wrote:

Shiva - how well do you like the Margaret Merrill? That one is on
the "maybe" section of the shopping list.

I love this rose, though it does have its problems. I love that it is
wonderfully fragrant and has a slight blush at the innermost part of
the petals. I don't like that it is not a terribly vigorous plant, and
in my garden, tends to bs a lot. HOWEVER--I have it up against a stone
wall fairly close to All That Jazz, so ventilation is not the best.
Still for a rose that is nearly a single (I think it has 8 petals)
Margaret Merrill is a lovely little thing, and looks great alongside
ATJ, which I also love--it is fragrant, too, has maybe 8 petals, and
is ORANGE! :0)