Old 08-03-2006, 06:47 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses

Default Limelight Rose???

Does anybody know where I can find the Limelight hybrid tea rose? I've
been searching EVERYWHERE trying to find this rose and add it to my
garden, but the only nursery I've found so far that carries it charges
so much just for packaging, shipping and handling, and has a minimum
order of 3 plants before they'll even ship, that by the time all is
said and done, I'll have paid at least $50!

Thanks,
Jason

Old 08-03-2006, 08:30 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses
Gail Futoran

wrote in message
oups.com...
Does anybody know where I can find the Limelight hybrid tea rose? I've
been searching EVERYWHERE trying to find this rose and add it to my
garden, but the only nursery I've found so far that carries it charges
so much just for packaging, shipping and handling, and has a minimum
order of 3 plants before they'll even ship, that by the time all is
said and done, I'll have paid at least $50!

Thanks,
Jason

First, unless you mention where you live,
no one *local* to you can begin to help.

Second, there are so many roses that have
fallen from commerce for a variety of
reasons, that you're lucky to be able to find
ANY nursery that will carry a rose you want.

Third, if you can't find a reasonable
substitute, I suggest you pay the $50 for
three roses, which is extremely reasonable.
I've spent $30 for ONE rare rose, including
shipping, and was glad I did.

Fourth, you might check local (wherever
that is for you) rose societies, garden groups,
botanical garden(s), etc. If someone has the
rose you want in their garden, they might part
with a cutting or two, assuming there isn't a
patent concern.

Fifth, if you search on "Limelight" at
www.helpmefind.com/roses
you will discover there are *two different*
Hybrid Teas named "Limelight". If you
decide to buy Limelight from a nursery,
I suggest you determine which one they
are offering - it might not be the one
you want!

Gail
near San Antonio TX Zone 8

Old 09-03-2006, 11:10 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses
Gail Futoran

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi Gail!

Thanks for the quick response!

Hi Jason -

I have no problem ordering from out of state. I did so with my Golden
Celebration, and am glad for it. I live in Alabama and ordered the
rose from Chamblee's in Tyler, TX. They unfortunately don't carry
Limelight.

I haven't had the opportunity to order from
Chamblee's. I'm glad your experience was
a good one.

The Limelight I'm looking for is the one actually named Limelight, or
sometimes known as Golden Medallion or its codename, KORikon. The
other one is the St. Patrick, which is a beautiful rose, but not the
one I need.

Ok, that does narrow it down. You're right,
though, it just doesn't appear that much online.

Helpmefind is the place where I found the nursery mentioned above, a
place called Roses Unlimited. Normally, I would have jumped right at
the opportunity and ordered, but several things did bother me. First
was the fact that, as I mentioned, they had a minimum order of 3
before they would even think of shipping and the costs for it. Second
was the fact that they had no price listings for anything they offer.
Third, they do not take credit cards, only cash, check or money order.
This is impractical for me.

Understood. But you might check out this link:
http://davesgarden.com/gwd/c/586/

You can't always tell where advice is coming from,
so it's definitely buyer beware, but I suspect I'd
give it a try. I've had to pay by money order for
some things I've purchased on eBay. I typically
use the US Postal Service. So far no problems.

I am checking with local nurseries. So far, no luck, but I did ask the
owner of one of them to check into special ordering one for me. He
doesn't usually carry it, but he may be able to get his hands on one.

I think that's a great idea. Too often I don't
think of doing that, but nurseries want our
business and will often go to the extra effort
to help, if they can.

Anyway, thanks again for responding!

Jason

You're welcome and good luck. I do understand
the frustration and hope you find your rose.

Gail
near San Antonio TX Zone 8

Old 11-03-2006, 12:30 AM
Registered User

Smile

Gail Futoran wrote in message
[...]

jason i wish u nothing but luck with your new roses i hope u can post a pic when all is said and done for us all to see . cyaaaa sockiescat.

jtill i did some looking around and found this i hope that its what u are looking for. http://www.igardeners.com/plants/rose_bushes.html if so please look at the links below hopefully u can get your rose from one of these places .
good luck in your search. cyaaaa sockiescat.

http://entireearth.com/Gardening/Ros...ight-Rose.html
http://www.naturehills.com/
http://www.apuldramroses.co.uk/DOUBLE+DELIGHT-rose.htm
http://www.growquest.com/rose%20sect..._roses%20D.htm
http://www.niftygarden.com/site/361749/page/245598
http://www.mallworld.biz/garden/Double-Delight.html
http://www.nhgardencenter.com/Double-Delight-Rose.html
http://wwww.shop.com/9298622.phtm
http://www.dealtime.com/xDN-Flowers_...es~V-rows~PG-2
http://www.aboutrosebushes.com/faste...e_bushes.shtml
http://www.truenursery.com/double-de...-453144460.php
http://www.biggreenthumb.com/rose_bu...roses/216.html
Old 12-03-2006, 04:22 PM
Registered User

Smile

sockiescat Gail Futoran wrote in message
[...]

geeshhhhhh im not with it posting things on wrong threads. jason this is just a thought but maybe u might be able to use some of the links above to locate the rose that u are wanting. its sure worth a look and see anyways a couple of the sites did have roses that are rare and hard to find.
hope that maybe one of them might help u. good luck.
cyaaaa, sockiescat.