Old 07-04-2003, 07:56 PM
Radika Kesavan

Default The rose "hedge" of Eugene de Beauharnais - NOT!

Cass,

I misled myself as well as you when I spoke of my EdB hedge. This
morning I was admiring my EdB (the real one this time) and then,
suddenly it came out of the mental fog at me - my rose hedge of two
budded and two own-root roses is actually Rose de Rescht! Everything I
wrote about its colour and all is all about RdR.

To make amends for my gaffe, here is a source of own-root EdB: Ashdown.
Very reasonably priced too at 13 dollars for a 1 gallon container,
though shipping would make it expensive. OTOH, I looked and it does not
seem all that bad at 12 dollars for two roses in gallon pots, and only 4
dollars for additional roses, which means it would be really worthwhile
to enroll in the Frequent Buyers' Programme g.

In a more serious vein, I bet Paul Zimmerman would not sell EdB as an
own-root plant if it were not growable as own-root.

FWIW.

--
Radika
California