Old 08-04-2003, 03:44 PM
lms

Default Trier, the one and only Trier

In article ,
says...

In article , lms
wrote:

It is *just amazing how well this thing--Trier-- shows up in the early

spring
like this.
when this turns into a wall of white, you can't see shit.
I can of course smell this rose from about 30 yards.

http://www.aoc.nrao.edu/~mstephen/triersw03.jpg

So you collecting seed?

never off this one. the last seeds I collected were after last fall,
Soleil d'Or had tons of them, I thought it was quite unusual. haven't planted
any of them, I need reminders like this.

Does it set lots and lots of hips?

heheh. thousands, though hips are just not something I ever associate with
this rose, strangely. they're quite small and brittle and leave cleanly. In
the pic you can see multitudes of loosely symmetrical points of light that run
basically laterally with the canes, so you can actually see how big they are.