Old 10-04-2003, 02:08 PM
clc

Default Wayside Order

Received my Wayside order yesterday (2 climbing New Dawn and 1 Dainty
Bess) - less than $13 with shipping.

I have never received an order for any kind of plant that was SO well
packed. Bareroots were packed in a sort of straw that was still somewhat
damp when I received it. HUGE canes with great roots. Now, hopefully, they
are what they say.

Cheryl

Old 10-04-2003, 05:08 PM
Jean S. Barto

I also was very pleased with my Wayside roses when I got them last week --I
planted 15 of them right away, and will plant the last one when this pesky
Nor'easter leaves by Saturday--too rainy and windy around here to be outside
much for gardening!

Jean in VA (developing a green thumb after all!)

Old 10-04-2003, 09:46 PM
Theo Asir

Never heard of a "Climbing" New Dawn.
What does this one do. Hit 60'. Darn rose
breeders can't let a good thing alone.

One a side not I got the White Sport
of New Dawn from Heirloom. Distinct from
White Dawn which is a child of New Dawn.

Anyone try this yet.

--
Theo in Zone 5
Kansas City

Old 11-04-2003, 02:44 PM
Susan H. Simko

clc wrote:
Received my Wayside order yesterday (2 climbing New Dawn and 1 Dainty
Bess) - less than $13 with shipping.

I have never received an order for any kind of plant that was SO well
packed. Bareroots were packed in a sort of straw that was still somewhat
damp when I received it. HUGE canes with great roots. Now, hopefully, they
are what they say.

I haven't ordered roses from Wayside but have ordered lots of other
plants. You're right - the orders are really well packed and everything
I have gotten from them has been beautiful, well, that is until the s.o.
was left to take care of my plants for 13 days while I made an
unexpected trip north to deal with a family emergency. The s.o. watered
everything but my red flowering creeping thyme and the plants were dead
as a doornail when I got home. *sigh*

I also like their garden newsletters. They have some good articles.
One past article was on pruning clematis and gave good instructions for
the pruning ways and times specific to each clematis group.

Susan
s h simko at duke dot edu

Wayside cutting back on roses? torgo Roses 0 24-02-2005 03:38 AM
Is Wayside Insane? animaux Gardening 23 20-12-2003 04:33 AM
Shumway order arrived Glenna Rose Edible Gardening 2 30-03-2003 07:20 PM
Mail order Hybrid-T's. Scopata Fuori Roses 0 03-02-2003 11:16 PM
Echinacea 'Razzmatazz' - one ex Wayside employee J Kolenovsky Gardening 3 25-01-2003 03:16 PM