GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   a small batch of rose pictures (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/roses/14546-small-batch-rose-pictures.html)

torgo 11-04-2003 11:08 AM

a small batch of rose pictures

Getting pics on-line turned out to be really easy. I set up a "My
Yahoo" identity just for pics. Here are this year's first blooms.

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/bgs12345/...+Roses&.view=t

(side note to Shiva - in addition to the Kentucky Derby bloom, I added
a pic of the full plant in its 3-gallon container so you could see the
bush form. A good (accurate color) pic of the Double Delight I bought
is in there too.)

Also, as a contribution to the "what turned you into a rose junkie"
thread, there's a pic of the very first bloom from my first rose bush.

14-05-2003 02:56 PM

a small batch of rose pictures

Thanks for the photo's. They were delightful. Once I caught a photographer
spraying water on his flowers just before he took the pictures. He had a
flashlight, one of those real intense beam types, and with the extra light
striking it at an angle it added real pzaz to it. Another person was holding
the flashlight. Sometimes taking a mirror with you might be a good way to
get a little extra light on the subject. Some photographers use a dull
silver colored sheet of metal to reflect available light back onto the
subject. Have fun with your flowers and these ideas and send some more. I
like the upclose pictures.
Steve