Old 05-06-2006, 06:26 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses
nanner

Default First Rose!!!

The first flower of my first rose plant has finally started to open!!

Wanna see?
http://img.inkfrog.com/pix/nanner2000/1stRose.jpg

Old 06-06-2006, 03:28 AM posted to rec.gardens.roses
cybercat

"nanner" wrote in message
The first flower of my first rose plant has finally started to open!!

Wanna see?
http://img.inkfrog.com/pix/nanner2000/1stRose.jpg

It is lovely. What variety climber is it?

Old 06-06-2006, 03:45 AM posted to rec.gardens.roses
jtill

nanner wrote:
The first flower of my first rose plant has finally started to open!!

Wanna see?
http://img.inkfrog.com/pix/nanner2000/1stRose.jpg

Now that is a beautiful rose! Congrats.
Joe T

Old 06-06-2006, 01:20 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses
nanner

"cybercat" wrote in message

"nanner" wrote in message
The first flower of my first rose plant has finally started to open!!

Wanna see?
http://img.inkfrog.com/pix/nanner2000/1stRose.jpg

It is lovely. What variety climber is it?

It's New Dawn

Inviato da X-Privat.Org - Registrazione gratuita
http://www.x-privat.org/join.php

Old 06-06-2006, 09:00 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses
cybercat

"nanner" wrote in message

"cybercat" wrote in message

"nanner" wrote in message
The first flower of my first rose plant has finally started to open!!

Wanna see?
http://img.inkfrog.com/pix/nanner2000/1stRose.jpg

It is lovely. What variety climber is it?

It's New Dawn

I thought so! You chose a fabulous variety. I grow it on a side fence.
In three years you will not be able to contain it! Mine stays full of
blooms all season. Just don't prune it for three years (do deadhead)
and watch those thorns! Good job, it's a beautiful rose.

Old 06-06-2006, 09:29 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses
nanner

"cybercat" wrote in message

"nanner" wrote in message

"cybercat" wrote in message

"nanner" wrote in message
The first flower of my first rose plant has finally started to open!!

Wanna see?
http://img.inkfrog.com/pix/nanner2000/1stRose.jpg

It is lovely. What variety climber is it?

It's New Dawn

I thought so! You chose a fabulous variety. I grow it on a side fence.
In three years you will not be able to contain it! Mine stays full of
blooms all season. Just don't prune it for three years (do deadhead)
and watch those thorns! Good job, it's a beautiful rose.

Thank you - it's my first attempt and I am thrilled. I took another photo
today because the rose has now fully opened. I haven't been able to get
close enough to smell it, are these fragrant at all?

I can't wait to see this in full bloom, there are just a ton of buds!

Old 07-06-2006, 12:24 AM posted to rec.gardens.roses
cybercat

"nanner" wrote

Thank you - it's my first attempt and I am thrilled. I took another photo
today because the rose has now fully opened. I haven't been able to get
close enough to smell it, are these fragrant at all?

I can't wait to see this in full bloom, there are just a ton of buds!

It has a light, rosy fragrance to my nose. And a neat history as the
very first patented rose, introduced in 1930, if I recall correctly.
This site is great, be sure to clicl on all the tabs around the top to
see all the pictures and such.

Note that the site says it "can be pruned to maintain a short habit"
but goes on to say that New Dawn "blooms on old wood." The
latter means, yes, you CAN prune it but be prepared to get NO
blooms the next year if you overdo it. What I do is try to shape
while I deadhead, if you see what I mean.

http://www.helpmefind.com/rose/l.php?i=A4460&tab=1

Old 06-05-2011, 12:08 AM
Registered User

You chose a aces variety. I abound it on a ancillary fence. In three years you will not be able to accommodate it! Mine stays abounding of blooms all season. Just don't clip it for three years (do deadhead) and watch those thorns! Good job, it's a admirable rose.
General Hydroponics