Old 28-06-2006, 06:09 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses
harvesterj

Default White Roses turning Pink, Why?

Hi

I have planted some miniature roses call "macfrothy" in a large pot.
They were originally pure white in colour, but in the past 3 weeks
since planting them they are slowly turning pink.
I also planted some red miniature roses "cocdimple" in the same way,
and they too have started turning pink.

Has anyone any idea why?

Old 29-06-2006, 02:11 AM posted to rec.gardens.roses
Gail Futoran

"harvesterj" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi

I have planted some miniature roses call "macfrothy" in a large pot.
They were originally pure white in colour, but in the past 3 weeks
since planting them they are slowly turning pink.
I also planted some red miniature roses "cocdimple" in the same way,
and they too have started turning pink.

Has anyone any idea why?

www.helpmefind.com lists MACfrothy as having
white, near white, and white blend blooms. That
usually means pink is in there somewhere.

You're probably seeing normal bloom color
variation in a "blended" bloom variety perhaps
affected by weather (heat, humidity, rain, amount
of sun, etc.) or even soil conditions (pH,
fertilizer, other amendments).

I found very little other information on MACfrothy,
aka Frothy, and no photos. I'm guessing it's either
a very new rose or an older rose not that common
in commerce.

COCdimple, aka Conservation, 1986, is listed
as a pink blend with yellow center blooms. So
your copy is apparently producing appropriate
color blooms.

BTW it helps to mention generally where you
live. Local conditions can greatly affect
rose performance. Since both of your roses
are available only in the UK, I'm guessing you
live somewhere in the UK.

Gail
near San Antonio TX Zone 8 USA