GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Mail order or web site (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/roses/147211-mail-order-web-site.html)

Mike 30-06-2006 06:06 AM

Mail order or web site

I'm looking for a good site to order bare root roses from. I've tried
www.waysidegardens.com with go luckm but I would like more opptions.

When is the best time to oder to insure the best quality roses are sent
to me.

Thanks
-Mike

Gail Futoran 30-06-2006 04:41 PM

Mail order or web site

"Mike" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm looking for a good site to order bare root roses from. I've tried
www.waysidegardens.com with go luckm but I would like more opptions.

When is the best time to oder to insure the best quality roses are sent
to me.

Thanks
-Mike

Bareroot orders will usually go out at the
appropriate time for your region (heat zone),
usually late winter/spring. Potted roses can
be sent almost any time, but not all retailers
offer potted roses. Each site will list their own
policies. I've ordered successfully from the
following (listed in no particular order & I'm
probably forgetting one or two):
Regan Nursery - www.regannursery.com
Sam Kedem - http://www.kedemroses.com/
Roses Unlimited - www.rosesunlimitedownroot.com
Jackson & Perkins - www.jacksonandperkins.com
John's Miniature - www.johnsminiatureroses.com
Witherspoon - http://www.witherspoonrose.com/
Heirloom - www.heirloomroses.com
Heirloom has a catalog to die for. Well worth buying.

I buy locally from Antique Rose Emporium
so I can't say how their shipping goes, but
I've always had good experiences with them:
http://www.antiqueroseemporium.com/

I have always taken a chance with rose retailers
and have had few bad experiences. Of course,
I wouldn't spend hundreds of dollars with a
retailer I wasn't familiar with!

HTH - Gail
near San Antonio TX Zone 8

Mike 01-07-2006 04:19 PM

Mail order or web site

Thanks Gail!!

I realy like the last one.

Gail Futoran wrote:
oups.com...

Gail Futoran 01-07-2006 07:47 PM

Mail order or web site

"Mike" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks Gail!!

I realy like the last one.

You're welcome. Let us know how your
ordering goes. Sometimes retailers get
better - or worse - over time!

Gail
near San Antonio TX Zone 8

Harvey Schmidlapp 10-07-2006 09:44 PM

Mail order or web site

Gail Futoran wrote:
Regan Nursery - www.regannursery.com
Sam Kedem - http://www.kedemroses.com/
Roses Unlimited - www.rosesunlimitedownroot.com
Jackson & Perkins - www.jacksonandperkins.com
John's Miniature - www.johnsminiatureroses.com
Witherspoon - http://www.witherspoonrose.com/
Heirloom - www.heirloomroses.com
Heirloom has a catalog to die for. Well worth buying.

I buy locally from Antique Rose Emporium
so I can't say how their shipping goes, but
I've always had good experiences with them:
http://www.antiqueroseemporium.com/

I can vouch for their shipping. I've ordered (potted) roses from
Antique Rose Emporium a few times and been completely satisfied every
time. I've also had good experiences with potted roses from Vintage
Gardens (Sebastopol, CA - http://www.vintagegardens.com/) and bare-root
roses from David Austin (Tyler, TX -
http://www.davidaustinroses.com/american/). They sell their own
so-called English roses, obviously, plus a nice selection of other
roses.

If you are looking for something a little different, I've bought nearly
30 species roses and many other plants from Forest Farm in Oregon.
http://www.forestfarm.com/.

I would not hesitate to order from any of those places again.

Gail Futoran 12-07-2006 12:54 AM

Mail order or web site

"Harvey Schmidlapp" wrote in message
ups.com...

Gail Futoran wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the feedback. I still occasionally
order a rose via mail order/web site, so it's nice
to know those retailers are good sources.

Gail
near San Antonio TX Zone 8