GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Holes in leaves (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/roses/148219-holes-leaves.html)

[email protected] 30-07-2006 01:32 PM

Holes in leaves

Sorry, I'm sure this has been asked many times, but could someone tell
me what this Schoolgirl Climbing Rose in UK is suffering from. I'm not
worried about the appearance as long as it doesn't stop it flowering.

http://img82.imageshack.us/my.php?image=roseleafqb4.jpg

Hope the picture loads ok. Many thanks in advance

jtill 30-07-2006 08:26 PM

Holes in leaves

wrote:
Sorry, I'm sure this has been asked many times, but could someone tell
me what this Schoolgirl Climbing Rose in UK is suffering from. I'm not
worried about the appearance as long as it doesn't stop it flowering.

http://img82.imageshack.us/my.php?image=roseleafqb4.jpg

Hope the picture loads ok. Many thanks in advance

Insect for sure, which one? Hard to say.
Try this GOOGLE IMAGE search and you can possibly spot it;

http://images.google.com/images?q=le...f&start=0&sa=N

A general purpose spray should work.
Joe T
Baytown

[email protected] 31-07-2006 09:39 AM

Holes in leaves

Insect for sure, which one? Hard to say.
Try this GOOGLE IMAGE search and you can possibly spot it;

http://images.google.com/images?q=le...f&start=0&sa=N

Thanks. Quite a lot to choose from there.