Old 14-04-2003, 08:08 PM
John A. Stovall

Default Talisman Roses where to find?

I'm looking for Talisman rose plants and need to know where to find
them and if they are suitable for Central Texas.

I'm looking at trying to plant them at the grave site of the Texas
writer Katherine Anne Porter as they were her favorite rose.

Old 14-04-2003, 09:32 PM
Ann Mansker

John A. Stovall wrote:
: I'm looking for Talisman rose plants and need to know where to find
: them and if they are suitable for Central Texas.

: I'm looking at trying to plant them at the grave site of the Texas
: writer Katherine Anne Porter as they were her favorite rose.

According to HelpMeFind, Tate Rose Nursery in Tyler, TX is your closest
source. Their phone # is 903-593-1020

Ann M.
--
Well, you can be a tomato ninja if you follow the way of the
tomato. Unfortunately, the tomato never took off as a popular

Old 14-04-2003, 09:56 PM
Theo Asir

Here's a list of suppliers for you.

http://www.helpmefind.com/sites/rrr/...e&hdg=Talisman

Just to let you know I do grow this rose in a pot.
It is my one rose with crown gall.
Still puts out wonderfully colorful flowers every year.

I realize the sentimental value but in my experience
this rose is quite fussy about its treatment.

No water for a week often results in
sulking, leaf loss and 2 months to recover.
It is not particularly disease resistant either.
It is one of my roses that seems to prefer a potted life.

If you're gonna plant it at a grave site
is there someone to provide DAILY care.

It is also especially feeble on its own roots.
I know, I tried.

I fear that without attention it will be dead
within the month.

--
Theo in Zone 5
Kansas City

Old 15-04-2003, 02:44 PM
John A. Stovall

On Mon, 14 Apr 2003 20:45:27 GMT, "Theo Asir"
wrote:

Here's a list of suppliers for you.

http://www.helpmefind.com/sites/rrr/...e&hdg=Talisman

Just to let you know I do grow this rose in a pot.
It is my one rose with crown gall.
Still puts out wonderfully colorful flowers every year.

I realize the sentimental value but in my experience
this rose is quite fussy about its treatment.

No water for a week often results in
sulking, leaf loss and 2 months to recover.
It is not particularly disease resistant either.
It is one of my roses that seems to prefer a potted life.

If you're gonna plant it at a grave site
is there someone to provide DAILY care.

It is also especially feeble on its own roots.
I know, I tried.

I fear that without attention it will be dead
within the month.

Thanks for the information. It would only get care a few times a year
as the Indian Creek Cemetery is in a very rural area of Central Texas.
Old 16-04-2003, 03:32 AM
Cass

In article , John A.
Stovall wrote:
"Theo Asir" wrote:

Here's a list of suppliers for you.

http://www.helpmefind.com/sites/rrr/...e&hdg=Talisman

Thanks for the information. It would only get care a few times a year
as the Indian Creek Cemetery is in a very rural area of Central Texas.

Hi, John. How about doing what the Texas Rose Rustlers have capitalized
on: plant a low care, Texas-loving found rose. Here is the Texas Rose
Rustler's site with pictures of the roses they've found in old
homestead and cemeteries. Some of the polyanthas are pretty cute.

http://www.texas-rose-rustlers.com/foundroses.htm

Take a look at http://www.texas-rose-rustlers.com/89248.htm

You can find a lot of these roses at the Antique Rose Emporium. I bet
they could advise you.

http://www.antiqueroseemporium.com/