Old 25-11-2006, 11:32 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses

Default My Roses have gone to bed

I've just finished putting my roses to bed. 12 inches of compose at the
base of each of the 200+ roses, after cutting them back to about 2.5 feet.
My cuttings are down in the basement, growing under the lights, and I've
tilled up the ground for next year's new garden.

So now what?

Jeff Southeast Michigan Zone 5

Old 02-01-2007, 04:54 AM posted to rec.gardens.roses

"Jay on Capitol Hill" wrote in message
Enjoy the time off!
Look through catalogs to buy some more for 2007 -
Happy new Year

I've just finished putting my roses to bed. 12 inches of compose at the
base of each of the 200+ roses, after cutting them back to about 2.5 feet.
My cuttings are down in the basement, growing under the lights, and I've
tilled up the ground for next year's new garden.

So now what?

Jeff Southeast Michigan Zone 5

Whoa, a lot of work! And a lot of roses! I
have about 150 but where I live there's no need
for winterizing. I did lose a few newly planted
roses due to a late cold snap several years
ago, but that usually doesn't happen.

I wish I had your energy. At this point I'm
willing to replace dead roses, but not to expand
the rose garden anymore.

Have a good year.

Gail
near San Antonio TX Zone 8 USA

Mini Roses gone wild kayla Gardening 5 13-07-2006 05:08 AM
4 bed rotation to 3 bed removing brassicas for space? Broadback United Kingdom 1 16-03-2005 07:52 AM
Lantanas have gone south Mr. Clean Texas 3 13-07-2004 07:06 PM
Where have all the earthworms gone???? J. Morrow Australia 9 28-04-2003 03:08 AM
Roses where other roses have been Newbie Gardener United Kingdom 11 12-03-2003 10:00 PM